Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dryerman45

STACK UNIT

6 posts in this topic

Dear Master,

I have an Frigidaire washer dryer Model#FEX831CSO.The tub seal has to be replaced.Is there a bearing that should be replaced as well? Also does the nut turn clockwise to loosen when using the spanner?.I always forget

Thank you,

SAMANERA

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I don't think so.  You can just change the seal if the bearings are ok.  Usually water leaking causes damage.  Is it noisey?  Inspect it while it's appart.  There is a rectangular plate that bolts to the transmission with two bolts and a part in back it screws into.  It pushes down on the seal to seal it with pressure and also holds the inner tub in place.   Sometimes those stack washer drters are hard to get the tub out.  I loosen the six or eight screws around the side of the washer on the bottom and slide the whole base forward.  Makes it real easy to work on.

Doc

dEAR mASTER, iAM NOT ABLE TO DOWN LOAD M,ANUAL HERE EITHER

tHANK YOU samanerta

Dear Master,

Thank you but Iam not able to download it here either

SAMANERA

Dear Samurais,

This unit has two bolts and a metal plate holoding the basket in.Used standard socket to loosen and pull basket out.Affter that took ring seal and main seal out.Only thing with replacing is be sure ring seal doesnt curl up while sliding down.Thanks for replies

SAMANERA

good job.  that's all there is to it.  

Doc