Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

rjvitullo

Kennmore HE 4t Washer

4 posts in this topic

Hello oh Enlightened One!

My kennmore HE4t washer does not spin out about half the time, when this happens it shows no error codes.  Sometimes when you open the door it is still full and water spills out sometimes most of the water is gone and the clothes are just sopping wet.  When this happens we just push the drain and spin button and it then finishes.  Please help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

All the water has to pump out of the tub before the washer will spin. Sounds like you make have pump trap that is full of hair and other debris. Remove the lower panel (panel below door has 3 screw holding it on) and unscrew the pump trap. It will be towards the center of the washer facing you when you remove the panel.

My bet would be on a water valve leaking though.  The no errors codes and pours water out sometimes when door is opened would lead me to that conclusion, (unless the pressure switch is bad you shouldn't have water up high enough to spill out the door when it is opened and also if it sensed that the water was that high during an actual cycle it should keep the door locked).

Do you ever find water in the tub when you go to put a load of laundry in the washer - that would be another direct indication that the water valve is leaking water though when it is off, (bad water inlet valve).

What's the model number?