Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE dbl, oven ZET2S0L1SS runaway temps both ovens

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 herfdog

herfdog

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Both ovens seem to be heating all the time going way over set temps while display reads 100º.

Put into diagnostic mode and got error F cd 95 which is not listed in manual or mini-manual. Ran manual test mode on all functions--everything worked properly although I couldn't distinguish hi from lo fan speeds in lower oven. Although, I don't see how that is pertinent to this issue.

Also checked both oven sensors even though it is highly unlikely they both went out simultaneously. They checked out at 1090 ohms at room temp--okay. My guess is the ERC is the cause. What do you guys think?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,632 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

check connector cn7. It connects to both upper and lower temp encoder boards as well as relays for both upper ovens. That's the only thing I see other than the ERC that can affect both ovens equally without there being a double failur. ie both encoder or both relays failing.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 24 March 2014 - 10:34 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

I agree.  Both ovens have their own relay board and, while it's possible both boards are bad, it's very unlikely.  The specific components that would have to go bad on each relay board to create the conditions you're seeing are both the bake and broil relays on BOTH boards.  The chances of that happening are about the same as winning the lottery.  

The logic board is common to both ovens and it's possible it got its little silicon brains scrambled by a power surge.  Part number: AP3949476

Part number: AP3949476

#4 herfdog

herfdog

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics