Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
btenpin

MHW6000XG2 error F6E01

7 posts in this topic

Had a MHW6000XG2 with dryer stacked on top.  

Got the dryer down.  Manually unlocked door clothes appeared to have spun out.

Checked all the connectors on CCU.  Unit will enter diagnostic's, but will not advance through diagnostic cycle.

I can program the unit for a cycle, but as soon as press start button error code pops up.

I called Whirlpool techline against my better judgement.  He had me basically repeat test I had already done, I have 5vdc where I should and 120 volts to the MCU.

Which the wonderful advise of the Tech line was that based on readings it could be either the CCU or the MCU just have to replace one and see if it solves the issue.

I had asked about readings through lock solenoids on the schematic it shows a value of 50-75 ohms.  The reading I found 130 ohms, they told me that was OK?  In my experience its usually the MCU that causes problem.  I was just concerned about the reading in the lock assy.  The door will lock, just won't unlock on it's own.

Was planning on getting a MCU unless some new wisdom comes via this site

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

press start button error code pops up.

What error code are you getting?

Sorry I didn't put in the text just the title.  Error is F6E01

130 ohms is correct. It's double what the tech sheet says for some reason - sounds like they've never corrected it. Further, if you have the 120 volts at the pink wires on the MCU then the door switch is usually good.

Make sure you ohm out the motor and check the harness wires between the MCU and the motor. If all good, then MCU. What you have described is classic MCU issue.

x2 on mcu have seen a few of the new "alpha" direct front loaders with bad mcus

Sorry, didn't even see the error code in your topic title!

Check the door closing switch on the DCS3 connector in the CCU. If that switch is bad (stuck open) the CCU will think the door is always opens an won't even run the diagnostic cycle.

Thanks for the confirmation.  The reading not matching tech sheet had me concerned.

I just don't get how these mfr's get away with such vague troubleshooting procedures.    Frigidaire has done this for years change this board, if that doesn't work change the other @ $300 a pop.

I don't normally buy parts from Repair clinic, but was thinking about it since I was unsure of the door lock.

Thanks all

Brian T