Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

MHW6000XG2 error F6E01

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Seagrams

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Had a MHW6000XG2 with dryer stacked on top.  

Got the dryer down.  Manually unlocked door clothes appeared to have spun out.

Checked all the connectors on CCU.  Unit will enter diagnostic's, but will not advance through diagnostic cycle.

I can program the unit for a cycle, but as soon as press start button error code pops up.

I called Whirlpool techline against my better judgement.  He had me basically repeat test I had already done, I have 5vdc where I should and 120 volts to the MCU.

Which the wonderful advise of the Tech line was that based on readings it could be either the CCU or the MCU just have to replace one and see if it solves the issue.

I had asked about readings through lock solenoids on the schematic it shows a value of 50-75 ohms.  The reading I found 130 ohms, they told me that was OK?  In my experience its usually the MCU that causes problem.  I was just concerned about the reading in the lock assy.  The door will lock, just won't unlock on it's own.

Was planning on getting a MCU unless some new wisdom comes via this site

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

press start button error code pops up.

What error code are you getting?

#3 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Sorry I didn't put in the text just the title.  Error is F6E01

#4 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

130 ohms is correct. It's double what the tech sheet says for some reason - sounds like they've never corrected it. Further, if you have the 120 volts at the pink wires on the MCU then the door switch is usually good.

Make sure you ohm out the motor and check the harness wires between the MCU and the motor. If all good, then MCU. What you have described is classic MCU issue.
Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#5 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

x2 on mcu have seen a few of the new "alpha" direct front loaders with bad mcus

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Sorry, didn't even see the error code in your topic title!

Check the door closing switch on the DCS3 connector in the CCU. If that switch is bad (stuck open) the CCU will think the door is always opens an won't even run the diagnostic cycle.

#7 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the confirmation.  The reading not matching tech sheet had me concerned.

I just don't get how these mfr's get away with such vague troubleshooting procedures.    Frigidaire has done this for years change this board, if that doesn't work change the other @ $300 a pop.

I don't normally buy parts from Repair clinic, but was thinking about it since I was unsure of the door lock.

Thanks all

Brian T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics