Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana gas dryer DLG330RAW

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Freeze05

Freeze05

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

My dryer is about 5 years old, and within the past year it has started making a metal on metal rubbing noise.  I've just taken it apart and it is easy to see that the drum is rubbing on both sides of the case.  It is only the back rib of the drum and there are wear marks on both the drum and the inside of the case.  Any ideas on what would make this happen?

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 bayouboy

bayouboy

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Abita Beer Purple Haze

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

I would check the rear drum rollers to see if they turn freely and check the rear felt to make sure its still in place.

#3 Freeze05

Freeze05

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

The drum rollers were my first thought, but they both seem okay.  The felt is in place for both the front and back of the drum.  I guess since the rollers are inexpensive and an easy replacement I'll try switching those out first.

Thanks for the reply.

#4 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Also check the drum slide bearings in the front.  If they get worn they can cause the drum to be lower in the front and possibly wobble around and rub in the back.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Also check the drum slide bearings in the front.  If they get worn they can cause the drum to be lower in the front and possibly wobble around and rub in the back.

I've seen this before but it's been a while and forgot all about it.  Domo, electro!

Part number: AP4046795

Part number: AP4046795

#6 Freeze05

Freeze05

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

The slides!  I didn't even think of that as it is rubbing at the rear.  I'll get the parts in and report back next week. 

Thanks everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics