Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Freeze05

Amana gas dryer DLG330RAW

6 posts in this topic

My dryer is about 5 years old, and within the past year it has started making a metal on metal rubbing noise.  I've just taken it apart and it is easy to see that the drum is rubbing on both sides of the case.  It is only the back rib of the drum and there are wear marks on both the drum and the inside of the case.  Any ideas on what would make this happen?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I would check the rear drum rollers to see if they turn freely and check the rear felt to make sure its still in place.

The drum rollers were my first thought, but they both seem okay.  The felt is in place for both the front and back of the drum.  I guess since the rollers are inexpensive and an easy replacement I'll try switching those out first.

Thanks for the reply.

Also check the drum slide bearings in the front.  If they get worn they can cause the drum to be lower in the front and possibly wobble around and rub in the back.

Also check the drum slide bearings in the front.  If they get worn they can cause the drum to be lower in the front and possibly wobble around and rub in the back.

I've seen this before but it's been a while and forgot all about it.  Domo, electro!

Part number: AP4046795

Part number: AP4046795

The slides!  I didn't even think of that as it is rubbing at the rear.  I'll get the parts in and report back next week. 

Thanks everyone!