Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Bravos washer (MTW6600TQ0) F70 code

f70 code high RPM spin cycle

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisandCheryl

ChrisandCheryl

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:is it cold?

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

While back ago my wife and daughter said they were having problems getting the washer to program at the start of a wash (lights flickering, some controls not working) and also having issues with the washer during a wash cycle (washer stopping in the middle of cycles, not draining).  But now that problem has somewhat disappeared.  Now the only problem I see with washer now, it the spin cycle - guestimated at about 1 bazillion RPMs no matter on what the spin cycle is set on.  Which I didn’t think was much of an issue....faster the better, less work for the dryer in the long run?  However I don’t think the wife appreciated the state that her North face jacket came out of a finished load last night.  So I guess I better fix it.

I am able to get the washer into the diagnostic mode, F70 error.  But I don’t have any documentation on exactly how to test the washer in the diagnostic mode nor do I claim to be an appliance guru and properly use the diagnostic mode. I checked the drum area for any foreign objects that may have flown out during takeoff - didn’t see any.   I did check and reseat all the connections going into the control board (didn’t see anything loose), but that is far as I have gone.  Any ideas would be much appreciated, I think a new board is in the $ 300.00 range and I'll be happy to replace - but just want to make sure...$ 300.00 could buy a lot of beer…or maybe another North face jacket.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 bayouboy

bayouboy

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Abita Beer Purple Haze

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

4207842940_8c8522a241_o.png

#3 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

in my experience the most likely culprit is the MCU

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Guys, this is the Cabrio top-loader, not the Duet front loader.  F70 in these machines is the same as the oL error code.  

Probably a stuck tub, not lifting with water fill.  Do the standard tear down and remove the cheese grater from the outer tub.  If it won't come out, you done found the problem, budrow.  

#5 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

damm whirlpool and there lack of continuity with codes between platforms, but yes check the basket to be stuck on tub

#6 bayouboy

bayouboy

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Abita Beer Purple Haze

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

oops, so it is. make sure you are using the right amount of HE detergent.

#7 ChrisandCheryl

ChrisandCheryl

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:is it cold?

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

Guys, this is the Cabrio top-loader, not the Duet front loader.  F70 in these machines is the same as the oL error code.  

Probably a stuck tub, not lifting with water fill.  Do the standard tear down and remove the cheese grater from the outer tub.  If it won't come out, you done found the problem, budrow.

Can you maybe give me a quick pointer on if the tub is stuck.  How do you go about getting it unstuck?

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

Some tips here:

gallery_4_5_214916.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics