Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung WF419 Vibration & Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Ant

Adam Ant

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Troegs Nugget Nectar

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

I've got a Samsung WF419AAW with 680 loads under its belt. It started leaving the clothes wet and I realized that it was sounding unbalanced in spin cycle and was shutting down (no fault codes). I went into service mode and tested the spin. It went to 650 rpm before stopping and the vibration started at around 500 rpm.

Thinking I needed a new drum/bearing, I tested it by grabbing the inner drum and shaking it around. Everything seems tight and quiet.

I found a related post here and it was mentioned that it could be a mainboard or hall sensor - maybe even a VRT ring...

I've got the thing partially disassembled. The front is off and the rotor is off the motor. I was hoping I could check the bearing from there.

At this point, is there anything I can check to definitively tell me what the problem is? I was going to pull the drum out to check the bearing, but it seems like it would be a real bear...

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Adam Ant

Adam Ant

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

On a related note...

Do I need to remove the outer drum in order to check the bearing? Do I need to separate the two halves of the outer drum in order remove the inner drum and check the bearing?

Also, is a bad bearing easy to spot? And lastly, can I check the Hall Sensor or mainboard through the diagnostics?

Thanks!

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Some terlet reading for you on this problem and suggestions on whether or not it's worth doing:  Diagnosing Catastrophic Front Load Washer Drum Bearing and Inner Basket Failures

#4 Adam Ant

Adam Ant

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

I just wanted to follow up on the problem and the fix...

After playing around trying to figure out what was causing the vibration, I put the inner drum back in the rear outer tub. When I spun it, I saw the edge moving up and down about 1/2". I checked the drum for out-of-round and found it to be fine. Then, I checked the shaft on the spider and found it was a bit bent (not noticable without a level and square).

I bought a new spider and saved my washer.

#5 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,088 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

Great find!!!
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics