Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
nodaygig

kenmore 80 series 11024832200 not draining or spinning

4 posts in this topic

hey all-

bought this off craigslist. tested fine. used it twice, worked great. third time it filled, agitated, but then wouldn't drain, and i imagine since it won't drain that's why it won't spin. this happens on all cycles. it still fills, and will still agitate (perfect word- i'm agitated all right)...i know a guy who knows this thing like the back of his hand, but i figured before i paid him to come, i'd give this a shot. love the site. keep up the good work. thanks in advance.

dave

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You might test the lid switch.

I concur. Faulty lid switch will prevent drain/spin but still allow fill and agitation. Common for this type of lid switch to come apart. Can be glued back together, cinched with small tie-wrap or just replaced.

Eric

Part number: AP3100001

Part number: AP3100001

thanks guys. switch still worked, but it blew apart in my hand. i was thinking about just replacing it anyone while i was in there. found a new one on ebay for $5.52!!...now for the whirlpool dryer that won't heat at all. i'll start a new topic...thanks again.