Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore 80 series 11024832200 not draining or spinning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nodaygig

nodaygig

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

hey all-

bought this off craigslist. tested fine. used it twice, worked great. third time it filled, agitated, but then wouldn't drain, and i imagine since it won't drain that's why it won't spin. this happens on all cycles. it still fills, and will still agitate (perfect word- i'm agitated all right)...i know a guy who knows this thing like the back of his hand, but i figured before i paid him to come, i'd give this a shot. love the site. keep up the good work. thanks in advance.

dave

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jbeckman713

jbeckman713

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Diet Pepsi

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

You might test the lid switch.

#3 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

I concur. Faulty lid switch will prevent drain/spin but still allow fill and agitation. Common for this type of lid switch to come apart. Can be glued back together, cinched with small tie-wrap or just replaced.

Eric

Part number: AP3100001

Part number: AP3100001

#4 nodaygig

nodaygig

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

thanks guys. switch still worked, but it blew apart in my hand. i was thinking about just replacing it anyone while i was in there. found a new one on ebay for $5.52!!...now for the whirlpool dryer that won't heat at all. i'll start a new topic...thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics