Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung WF448AAP/XAA Fabric Softener issue

WF448AAP/XAA Samsung Softener solenoid

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 crapulence

crapulence

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Scotch

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

Our Samsung WF448AAP/XAA washer has stopped siphoning the softener out of the drawer.  The drawer and siphon tubes are clean and the softerner compartment siphons easily when a little water is run through it. I have checked that the washer was level and checked the water supply screens and they were clean. I have troubeshooting guide and ran the test mode to check all the solenoids (it is a 5 solenoid unit)  All solenoids function and the water pressure should be more than adaquate.  No water ever comes out of the softener orafice in any of the solenoid tests.  Is a combination of active solenoids needed to direct water to the softener compartment?  And if so  is there a way to test that?  I would appreciate any help in what may be wrong or what other tests I can run to resolve this issue.  Thanks in advance for the help.

I should add that this problem cropped up about a week after the drain pump failed (the post mortem proved that the pump was dead) I have checked over the hoses and wires for the drawer but all seems to be in order. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics