Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
crapulence

Samsung WF448AAP/XAA Fabric Softener issue

1 post in this topic

Our Samsung WF448AAP/XAA washer has stopped siphoning the softener out of the drawer.  The drawer and siphon tubes are clean and the softerner compartment siphons easily when a little water is run through it. I have checked that the washer was level and checked the water supply screens and they were clean. I have troubeshooting guide and ran the test mode to check all the solenoids (it is a 5 solenoid unit)  All solenoids function and the water pressure should be more than adaquate.  No water ever comes out of the softener orafice in any of the solenoid tests.  Is a combination of active solenoids needed to direct water to the softener compartment?  And if so  is there a way to test that?  I would appreciate any help in what may be wrong or what other tests I can run to resolve this issue.  Thanks in advance for the help.

I should add that this problem cropped up about a week after the drain pump failed (the post mortem proved that the pump was dead) I have checked over the hoses and wires for the drawer but all seems to be in order. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!