Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel GWL15 error code. Bad control panel?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 crorrer

crorrer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bustelo

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

I have a Fisher Paykel GWL15  (model WA37T26G) which stopped working mid cycle (still has water and will not drain). It is beeping continuously and will not enter diagnostic mode by following instructions on the summary sheet. LEDs # 3, 4, and 8 are lit which would seem to indicate error code #49 (faulty hot/cold water valve). I replaced hot/cold water valve with a new part I had on hand, but there was no change. I also inspected the diverter valve and pump for blockage or signs of failure, but everything looked good visually - clean as a whistle, no corrosion.

I still cannot get the washer to work - it beeps continuously. I can't even turn the power off at the control panel. When I press the power button, it just continues beeping and won't turn off - only way to get it to stop is by pulling the plug ath the outlet. What could be going on here? Faulty control panel? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

control module ia faulty

your valves may have been ok

#3 crorrer

crorrer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for your reply. This has been a great machine, so I'll probably go ahead and order a new control module to keep it going. In your experience, is there anything else I need to look at before replacing the control module? I'm wondering if some other failure might have caused the control module to go, or if it's common for these just to go on their own.

Thanks again,

Chris

#4 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Possible bad controller. Unplug machine for 2 minutes. Plug back in. You should get the normal scroll on panel and series of tones.Does it immediately fault? If not, with lid open turn inner basket. Do you feel resistance and machine goes into a fault mode or does basket turn freely?

Tub must be empty of clothes and as much water as possible.

Edited by stewartservice, 27 March 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#5 crorrer

crorrer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi stewartservice -

I've unplugged the machine, waited for a few minutes, and plugged it back in as the service summary directions describe, but it does immediately fault (continuous beep, LEDs 3,4, and 8 lit). I've tried this a few times, and tried again this morning after the machine had been unplugged all night. I've also tried to get the machine into diagnostic mode by pressing/holding Wash Temp Down button and Power button, but it still just goes directly into the continuous beep with LEDs 3,4, and 8 lit.

The tub is totally empty of clothes and water, and the basket turns freely.  Do you think this points to the control module? I'm not sure what else to check at this point Diverter and Pump look OK after a visual inspection (no blockage, no corrosion, everything looks fine visually) but I can't get the machine into diagnostic mode to test their operation.

Should I go ahead and assume the control module is bad, or are there other things I should look at before laying down the 150 bucks or so?

Thanks again,

Chris

#6 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

I would say yes to needing a new controler.

Randy

#7 crorrer

crorrer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for the help - new control module is on its way. I'll check in after it's installed to let y'all know if this solves the problem.

-Chris

#8 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

your valve may have been faulty , you need to check the resistance , but if you have changed the valves and

still have the issue then yes the board needs replacement

they sometimes do just fail

#9 crorrer

crorrer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Got the replacement control module in the mail today. Installed it, reset the machine size per the instructions and I am officially back in business - everything seems to be working fine. One perk is that the control module came with very clear and complete instructions, which also included resistance values for testing all of the individual components should the need ever arise. Thanks again to all who offered their expertise!

Best regards,

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics