Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dfphoto

TRG18ML Amana refrigerator bent hinge problem

4 posts in this topic

Hi group, my girl's piece of crap refrigerator Amana TRG18ML seems to have a bent hinge from her roommates. This refrigerator seams to be old and I can't buy new hinges. I replaced the seal and didn't realize before I did it that the hinges were the actual problem.

I can't find information on what to check or how to adjust hinges and I have to do this ASAP If anyone has a tip I'd appreciate it this is a model with the freezer above the refrigerator about 18-20 cubic inches is my guess.

The door open left to right so the hinges are on the right side if I face the refrigerator.

thanks Dave

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is the door sagging? Top mount? If it's a top mount I would just use an adjustable wrench to bend it back with the bracket in place and the door off. Maybe throw 2-3 Teflon washers on the hinge before replacing the door.

yeah, washers are your friend in this situation. middle hinge gets the most stress in a top mount.

Hi guys thanks for the reply also read it could be the seal I installed causing warping... well had to hire a guy so will see what he does.. have my mom in the ER so couldn't try to fix....