Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

TRG18ML Amana refrigerator bent hinge problem

bent hinge refrigerator door

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dfphoto

dfphoto

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

Hi group, my girl's piece of crap refrigerator Amana TRG18ML seems to have a bent hinge from her roommates. This refrigerator seams to be old and I can't buy new hinges. I replaced the seal and didn't realize before I did it that the hinges were the actual problem.

I can't find information on what to check or how to adjust hinges and I have to do this ASAP If anyone has a tip I'd appreciate it this is a model with the freezer above the refrigerator about 18-20 cubic inches is my guess.

The door open left to right so the hinges are on the right side if I face the refrigerator.

thanks Dave

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:06 AM

Is the door sagging? Top mount? If it's a top mount I would just use an adjustable wrench to bend it back with the bracket in place and the door off. Maybe throw 2-3 Teflon washers on the hinge before replacing the door.

#3 LLAMBERT

LLAMBERT

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stone Ruination IPA

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

yeah, washers are your friend in this situation. middle hinge gets the most stress in a top mount.

Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone. Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form

#4 dfphoto

dfphoto

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:25 AM

Hi guys thanks for the reply also read it could be the seal I installed causing warping... well had to hire a guy so will see what he does.. have my mom in the ER so couldn't try to fix....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics