Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
KMilewski

Washer agitates while spinning

6 posts in this topic

My Kenmore Elite Model 11024942300 washer agitates during the spin cycle. Clothes get stuck in the agitator & it stops spinning. The problem caused the coupler to crack, and I already replaced that. How can I test to see if it's the transmission, clutch or brake?

I can wash small loads of clothes if I pull out the agitator right after the wash cycle (I have the screw out so I just lift it out), which is helpful as my 6yr old is sick and in vomit mode. But please help so I can order the right part I need... thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like a bad transmission which will cause the coupler to break. A replacement transmission cost under 200.00. This washer is worth repairing.

Thank you both! I'm considering repairing it or buying a 1yr old GE Profile for $150 instead since this washer is 10+yrs old now.

repairing your current washer will be better in the long run

Thanks. that's what I decided to do. The tranny is on it's way!