Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Wpl double w/o KEBC208KSS02 control panel fusible link.

Whirlpool Wall oven

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Appliance Angel

Appliance Angel

Samanera

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Black Butte Porter

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows the heat value of the fusible link at the control panel on this wall oven. It opened and I'm thinking the reason is too much heat but usually the  hi-limit  opens due to fan issues.Thanx

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,415 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

For detailed questions regarding a specific part, it really would be helpful if we are provided the part number. Thanks!

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

For detailed questions regarding a specific part, it really would be helpful if we are provided the part number. Thanks!

That's the catch... This part is not on the parts list, and the rating is not on the schematic...

Control Panel Thermal Fuse — Protects the control panel area if the temperature exceeds 110˚C. If the fuse opens, it shuts down the entire unit (no clock, etc.). One end of the thermal fuse is connected to the control panel at lug P7-1, and the other end is connected to the main wire harness. The thermal fuse is a one-time, nonresettable fuse.

And, btw, found the part# 4456654

Part number: 4456654

Part number: 4456654

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 29 March 2014 - 10:46 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

that's the point. There are generally two types of contol panel fusible links whirlpool uses in their ovens and the part no is not provided in the tech sheet or found on parts diagrams. How it connects to the board determines the correct part.

One (4451042) has a 230f rating and the other(4456654) has a 248f rating. AA did not ask which fuse was needed nor provided us with the style of connector, but wanted the temp rating only. That implies he knows the part number and then it would be no need for us to look at the schematic to see how it is connected then find the part number before searching for the rating. AA is a tech not a DIYer.

If AA could not find the part number, advise us of that fact and the answer would be more than a simple rating. It would include instructions on how to find the correct part number for future situations. As a tech, knowing how to find that information and even the right question to ask, is as important as the answer.

If it was a diyer questioning , the simple answer would have been given.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 29 March 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#5 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Sorry, wasn't trying to be critical, just helpful... I just remember how hard it was to find that part the first time I needed it...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#6 Appliance Angel

Appliance Angel

Samanera

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Black Butte Porter

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hey thank you both on the help on that link.I went ahead and picked up QBP fusible links ( 4 for 6.00). I'll need extras to determine the cause of the fault if any. For us ,these rarely blow.Thanks once again and thanks for the 

part #'s

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Sorry, wasn't trying to be critical, just helpful... I just remember how hard it was to find that part the first time I needed it...

oh no  I didn't think you were being critical Chat, My brutha..   I  was interested as to why AA wanted the rating only ...was there an assumption that a part number was not available because it wasn't easily found?  Then the question regarding rating was putting the cart before the horse...just pushing our brethren to stay on their toes. lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Whirlpool, Wall oven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics