Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Successful Asko T761 Dryer Repair

Capacitor Replacement Dryer wont start/restart

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 allentd1

allentd1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:my own altbarisch dunkel

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

Thanks to The Samurai Appliance Repair Man (our omnipotent and fearless leader), this site, and all of the contributors here I have successfully repaired my old Asko T761 dryer.

The dryer has been a very good appliance for years. Recently my wife and I began noticing that the dryer drum would not start spinning on its own when starting the machine or when the machine went into the anti-wrinkle pause and start cycle. I came to appliantology.org, renewed my subscription, and began researching the issue. After reading a few tales of woe similar to my own I had a strong suspicion that the start capacitor was the culprit.

Being on a very tight budget at the moment I challenged the internet to find me an inexpensive replacement start capacitor. Twenty bucks and 4 days later it showed up in the mail box. Note: I have purchased many items through this site before and been thrilled with the service and price. I just needed to do this repair on a shoe string is all.

Today, after spending an hour or so boning up on my capacitor testing and handling skills, I tore open the Asko dryer service manual and went to work. The dryer dismantling and capacitor replacement went without a hitch. Take off the rear panel, disconnect some wiring (after taking pictures of course), pull out the plastic air handlers and there it was...the start capacitor. I took it out, tested it, and found it to be defective registering only 1.7 uf when it should have registered 8. Retested the replacement and seeing it at 8.04 on the scale installed it. 90 minutes after beginning the repair I put the last screw back in, plugged it in, switched on the power and...bēru o kabutta (voila!) the dryer started up like new again!

So, subete ni ōku no ōku no kansha (many many thanks to all) for making the effort to work with and through this terrific site and for documenting your successes and failures so that others can learn from them. 

Lastly, arigatou gozaimasu (thank you very much) to The Samurai Appliance Repair Man. Your leadership is priceless. Buy yourself a six-pack of good beer with small donation I just made to the beer fund, kick back, and revel in your accomplishments.

Edited by allentd1, 31 March 2014 - 05:48 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the information on the repair ....... :thanks: .............. :thumbsup: ......

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Great job on the repair, allentd, and mucho domos for posting your repair story.  I'm pinning this as an inspiration for other intrepid souls who dare to tread in your steps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics