Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jennysinclair

LG Wm2487hrma Door boot repair

4 posts in this topic

I made the mistake of thinking I could replace the inner spring without a spring expansion tool. After 2 days of fussing and major blood loss, we were able to get the spring back on--only to find it totally warping the door boot on the right side from what appears to be too much tension, even though it is in the track. What now!?!

I'd also love a link to the repair manual so I can make sure I have it in the correct groove

Also would love the service manual so I can see the diagram and make sure I'm in the correct groove.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

repair manual is available in our download section but you must become an apprentice to obtain it.

You'll definitely need the inner spring tool-- I can't see doing this job without it Part number: AP4439038

Part number: AP4439038

And here's the outer spring tool.  Possible to do without it but life is so much better with it Part number: AP4438623

Part number: AP4438623

I realized my issue--I had tread the tub into the wrong groove. One I fixe that and it was nice and flush, I was able to do the spring with needle nose pliers. Seemed easy after the hell I'd been through with the boot on wrong. Whew

Thanks!