Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Help - Air Leak

Samsung RFG237AARS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SamsungHelp

SamsungHelp

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Please help.  I have a Samsung RFG237AARS refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom.  The freezer continually gets frost build up on the right side of the freezer.  Samsung has sent out their repair company 3 times now and they have not solved the problem.  It seems to be an air leak on the front, right side of the freezer of some sort, but they have still not solved the problem.

Has anyone experienced this problem with this model?  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,437 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Yes, there is a service bulletin that addresses this issue. I waa suprised that the company who went before me wasn't aware of this.. Solution #1...opening the drawer fully then closing it worked and solved my customer's frost covered winter wonderland of a freezer.

Screenshot_2014-04-01-21-28-53_zpshtqrzu

SUBJECT: Freezer Drawer is not closing
Symptom: • Frost on food in the freezer • Frost on the freezer rails • Gap around the freezer gasket

Cause #1: • Pin in the freezer rail is out of position. • This can happen during cleaning. • If the pin is out of position, the auto-close spring will not work and the drawer will not close completely.

Solution #1: • Open the drawer fully and push it closed. The pin should return to the correct position. •
If the pin does not return, pull it into position.

Demonstrate this to the customer.

Screenshot_2014-04-01-21-16-02_zpsjgzufu

Cause #2: • Improper alignment of the freezer drawer baskets and/or Pizza Guard. The drawer will not close flush. Solution #2: • Make sure the freezer baskets and Pizza Guard are positioned correctly

Also in the bulletin :

A bottle caught between the Pizza Guard and top basket Gap between gasket and cabinet •
All new production will include a label advising the customer on proper loading techniques. • The label will also inform the customer that he/she may have to pay for service if the cause of the problem is improper loading.

Other causes:

• The Timing Rod may be out of alignment. The timing rod is the bar located between the left and right side tracks (behind the lower basket). A gear is located at each end of the rod. These gears must be aligned so that the slide rails will open and close properly. To align the gears, open the drawer fully and close it forcefully. This should align the gears.

• The customer may be opening the drawer from the left or right end of the handle. Depending on the amount of food in the freezer, the drawer could rack and not seal completely. Advise the customer to open and close the drawer using the middle of the handle for best performance

dropbox file https://www.dropbox....losing.pdf?dl=1

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 01 April 2014 - 08:48 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Great info, Brother Durham!  Domo!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Samsung, RFG237AARS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics