Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

MODEL WFW70HEBWO

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hlywdbling

Hlywdbling

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

I have called whirlpool and they are no help. My control light is stuck on so my washer won't work. By the manual, it looks like I should push the EXTRA RINSE button for the 3-5 seconds and it should shut off. I have tried this numerous times, unplugged it thinking I would re-boot it like a computer. I have read other peoples similar problems but I don't have the button that they're referring to. Can you help me? I bought this duet in 8/2013 and am a bit underwhelmed right now. I think it needs a new computer? Thank you

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 05 April 2014 - 05:34 PM.
completed model number in topic title

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,988 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

Please post your complete model number as it appears on the nomenclature tag on the machine.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 Hlywdbling

Hlywdbling

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

The model #WFW70HEBW0, serial #C31050941

Whirlpool keeps telling me to unplug it and plug it back in. 

Thank You

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

the extra rinse button held for 3 seconds should toggle the control lock. If this is not happening, then I would suspect a board failure. Let's see if we can get some other masters to comment on this...

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 05 April 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#5 Hlywdbling

Hlywdbling

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Thank you for your help! 

#6 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,012 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Will any of the buttons change any of the settings? It could be the board like Durham stated above. Do you have a service manual for your unit? You can try accessing diagnostic mode. If diagnostic mode will not enter then that usually will confirm a new control is needed.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#7 Hlywdbling

Hlywdbling

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

I have tried all the cycle buttons and it flashes 3 times and then is solid red.  I have turned it off for 2 hours and the light won't go out.  I have a service manual but am trying to find where it mentions diagnostic mode?

#8 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

are you certain you have the service manual as opposed to the owner's manual? Diagnostic mode is described in numerous locations. If you don't see it, then you don't have a service manual

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 05 April 2014 - 10:31 PM.

#9 Hlywdbling

Hlywdbling

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Oh, I am looking in the owners manual.  I think this might be a job for someone beside a woman that knows NOTHING about electronics!  I was hoping this could be something easy that I could fix and go about doing a load of clothes and get on with my day. It's been this way since Thursday and know one can come out until Monday afternoon. :(

#10 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Don't try to do to much to it before they come out to service it and if you do, DO NOT TELL THEM YOU DID ANYTHING!!!!

It is still under the 1 year manufacture full parts & labor warranty according to your purchase date if you have your sales info.  If you don't have your receipt to prove date of sale they may go by build date which would be (March 2013) which they may try to say it's out of warranty.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#11 Hlywdbling

Hlywdbling

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

Thanks all for your help.  You are awesome.  They say they're going to charge me for the service call but that's a whole other fight!

#12 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,012 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Should be completely under warranty! Who did you call for service? The store you bought it from or whirlpool directly. I would call whirlpool.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#13 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

It is still under the 1 year manufacture full parts & labor warranty according to your purchase date if you have your sales info.  If you don't have your receipt to prove date of sale they may go by build date which would be (March 2013) which they may try to say it's out of warranty.

Good Catch Budget!

#14 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

if its less then one year old and you have a authorized service provide service the only way you would be charged for service if is you are using the appliance wrong or its installed improperly((cust instruct/education) the manufacturer only covers defects with there product, not defects with customers)

But from what you describe you are doing everything properly the machine is malfunctioning

#15 Hlywdbling

Hlywdbling

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

Good Catch Budget!

Thank you for that. 

if its less then one year old and you have a authorized service provide service the only way you would be charged for service if is you are using the appliance wrong or its installed improperly((cust instruct/education) the manufacturer only covers defects with there product, not defects with customers)

But from what you describe you are doing everything properly the machine is malfunctioning

Thank you and that makes me feel better.  It really shouldn't be that complicated....

Good Catch Budget!

I have my receipt and am prepared for battle.  Should have stuck with a basic (no computers) and life would be much simpler but this machine is wonderful for what it can do!

Should be completely under warranty! Who did you call for service? The store you bought it from or whirlpool directly. I would call whirlpool.

I called Whirpool and they told me to unplug it so it could re set itself.  By talking with you, and others, this would not have fixed the problem!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics