Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

NoobieTechie87

Haier HMC720BEBB mircowave ( Turntable spins but display is blank)

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I'm a new person to the world of repair on electrical appliances for the most part. To be more clear I just haven't worked on a lot of appliances. So my issue with this microwave is just like the topic line. When I turned on the power, nothing would light on the display and when I opened the door the turntable would continuously spin. The microwave is out of commission at the moment and like some of us out there funds aren't doing so well. So if anyone has any Ideas to what the issue maybe Please shoot back a message. Thank you all!

Ntechie87 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Looks like a countertop model with a faulty main control.  It's a relatively low wattage model so it may not be feasible to attempt repair.

Well thanks PDuff  for the info , I understand it is a low wattage model and was just trying to see if there was a way to salvage the unit.

My guess would be a burned or shorted micro switch and then a blown fuse on the board killing the display .

then the problem is the brand ."Haier" is a cheep china brand with no outlets for parts except for mail order directly . this would be more for things like a turntable dish .

Many microwave symptoms can be cured using inexpensive, universal parts.  High voltage diode/rectifiers, fuses, door switches, etc.  The only deal breakers for the countertop models would be the more expensive components like controls, magnetrons, or high voltage transformers.  Your symptoms would point toward the main control which appears to be right around $100, but availability might be an issue.

Over the range microhoods, on the other hand are feasible to repair for similar problems due to their location.  It may be less expensive to repair versus replacing due to other factors like installation charges and replacement cost for a new product.