Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Haier HMC720BEBB mircowave ( Turntable spins but display is blank)

Microwave

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NoobieTechie87

NoobieTechie87

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guinness

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm a new person to the world of repair on electrical appliances for the most part. To be more clear I just haven't worked on a lot of appliances. So my issue with this microwave is just like the topic line. When I turned on the power, nothing would light on the display and when I opened the door the turntable would continuously spin. The microwave is out of commission at the moment and like some of us out there funds aren't doing so well. So if anyone has any Ideas to what the issue maybe Please shoot back a message. Thank you all!

Ntechie87 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

Looks like a countertop model with a faulty main control.  It's a relatively low wattage model so it may not be feasible to attempt repair.

#3 NoobieTechie87

NoobieTechie87

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guinness

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

Well thanks PDuff  for the info , I understand it is a low wattage model and was just trying to see if there was a way to salvage the unit.

#4 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

My guess would be a burned or shorted micro switch and then a blown fuse on the board killing the display .

then the problem is the brand ."Haier" is a cheep china brand with no outlets for parts except for mail order directly . this would be more for things like a turntable dish .

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

Many microwave symptoms can be cured using inexpensive, universal parts.  High voltage diode/rectifiers, fuses, door switches, etc.  The only deal breakers for the countertop models would be the more expensive components like controls, magnetrons, or high voltage transformers.  Your symptoms would point toward the main control which appears to be right around $100, but availability might be an issue.

Over the range microhoods, on the other hand are feasible to repair for similar problems due to their location.  It may be less expensive to repair versus replacing due to other factors like installation charges and replacement cost for a new product.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Microwave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics