Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301UC not draining.

bosch pump hose

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rappleby

rappleby

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Kokanee

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

I think I need to repair (or replace) the pump on a Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301UC Washer.  When the washer attempts to drain, I just hear a buzzing noise from the pump motor (I'm thinking that maybe there's a dead spot on the commutator and if I can get the motor apart, maybe I can fix it).  I had this same problem a few weeks ago, but it worked again after running the diagnostics (I figured that maybe the diagnostics reset the circuit) but the problem has re-occurred. 

I'm getting 120v at the connector so the controller board is probably OK, but only reading 16.5 ohms across the pump connectors so I think the pump is the problem.

I found a YouTube video (http://www.youtube.c...ayer_detailpage) and although it is a different model shown in the video, the pump on the WFMC appears to be removeable in the same way; however, I can't seem to get the pump to turn enough to disengage from the body of the pump assembly.  Is there a latch that needs to be depressed so that it turns?

In any case, I have not yet been able to find just the pump (only the pump assembly (Bosch part number 436440)).  I figured that if I could repair the pump motor (if it comes apart) by undercutting any shorted segments of the commutator with a hacksaw blade (if that is the problem) or just replace the pump itself (assuming it does come off from the body) which would make the repair a little cheaper.  Does this pump detach (by turning) and is it available seperately?

I have removed the drain sump hose from the pump ass'y (hose clamp) and I need to remove the drain hose but want to be careful not to break it.  There is no hose clamp.  It appears to snap in to the ass'y.  How is this hose removed?  Press in on the two holes in the side and pull and or turn to remove?

When I opened the back of the machine, there was a loose ground wire and an empty spade connector on one of the ground terminals of the heater coil (looks like a previous serviceman had replaced the spade connector but didn't have the right crimping tool so the wire pulled out of the connector).  I crimped a new connector on the wire and re-attached it (hoping against hope that maybe the lack of ground potential in that circuit may have been messing up other circuits in the controller - but no such luck).

I also found a plastic part identified in the parts diagram as a holder (part 0310 on the attached pdf - Bosch part # 422271) but it is not obvious from the diagram where this attatches to or what it's purpose is.  Where is this part supposed to go?

I await your words of wisdom, O' Fermented Grand Master Sama.  Domo arigato!

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,864 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

I think I need to repair (or replace) the pump on a Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301UC Washer.  When the washer attempts to drain, I just hear a buzzing noise from the pump motor (I'm thinking that maybe there's a dead spot on the commutator and if I can get the motor apart, maybe I can fix it). 

These are brushless motors so no commutators.  Unreliable starting is a common failure mode in these motors.  Bosch only sells this pump as an assembly  Part number: AP3764202

Part number: AP3764202

#3 rappleby

rappleby

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the info. I managed to find the pump assembly locally here in Calgary. So does the drain hose just pull out by depressing the two latches on the sides of the drain hose connection?

#4 rappleby

rappleby

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

and . . . . . do you know where that little "holder" goes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics