Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana ARG7102c oven stopped turning on.

oven amana

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dishlexic

Dishlexic

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

My friend's  Amana ARG7102c oven has worked fine for the last 9 years.  Last week it stopped turning on power and bass are ok, as the range still works, but no gas flows when oven is turned on.  (no smell, lighter doesn't work)  Where do I begin?

Thanks,

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Begin by understanding how these ignition systems work:  http://fixitnow.com/...rface-ignition/

Then apply what you've learned to verify that the igniter is getting voltage and then measure the current flow through the ignitor.  Part number: AP4041245

Part number: AP4041245

If all these electrical measurements are new to you, you may want to enroll in the Samurai Appliance Tech Boot Camp.  The Beta class starts this Sunday.  If you're interested in being part of the Beta class, get your application in today and we'll talk about getting you enrolled.  

#3 Dishlexic

Dishlexic

Samanera

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

shogun,

I am not worthy.  I'm better with electricity than with computers apparently.  I kept waiting for a little red box to tell me someone had replied to my question.  I had deduced on my own it was the ignighter just by walking away and using my brain, but you showed me how to find it  (unfurtunately I had to lie on my back to remove 2 screws unlike the video where they were on the back of the oven)  and test it.  

line voltage present when I disconnected ignightor, but zero amperage after 30 sec.  Yes I reseated it.

so I've ordered the ignightor.

wish I'd done it days ago.  Just checking that Zero amperage isn't symptomatic of anything else.

thanks again!

#4 Dishlexic

Dishlexic

Samanera

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

Crazy easy!  Thanks so much.  And the dishwasher was fixed with the drop of solder you recommended.  my only problem was that I had switched to a liquid detergent, and as per your suggestion, I went back to the 2 part pellets, and voila! now it works.  Now If I could just get a part number, I could order new door hinges for my OWN oven.  Where should I look?  (it was not on appliancepartspros.com)

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

These hinges?

Part number: R0706011

Part number: R0706011

Part number: R0706010

Part number: R0706010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics