Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Spring clamp pliers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

20140414_215018_zpsngcef2a9.jpg

How do you all like my Made in USA K-D 428 spring clamp pliers I got from a yard sale for a $1 :)

Edited by BryanS, 14 April 2014 - 08:55 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

I'd like it a lot better if that was my hand it was in

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#3 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Haha. They work pretty good. I just tried them out on the drain hose to the water softener my dad and I just installed. My dad got a whole box of old but in decent shape made in USA c-clamps too.

#4 beam current

beam current

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:The Mrs.' homemade limeade. Served over crushed ice. Summertime classic.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Bryan, awesome find.  Don't you just love it when you find tools made in the USA at a great price too.

One word comes to mind..... SCORE.

I load up the kids and head over to the local Goodwill at least once a week. They (and I) love it.  Actually there are 3 we patronize within a 20 minute drive. Kind of like winning on a scratcher.

I got some really decent tools over the years.  Will only buy USA, German, and Isreali made tools. NEVER China junk.

I think this will work. I once saw it on a cartoon.

Or, on the other hand.....

Troubleshooting the appliance's complex electro-mechanical systems is the methodology in which one must, by using analyitical techniques and the process of elimination, determine the cause or causes of a specific failure. Rarely does this cause of a failure directly present itself for you to see.

So.....

To be better equipped to troubleshoot, you will need:

1.) To follow this: Safety first and foremost. Trust your instincts.
2.) Basic hand tools.
3.) A decent DVOM meter. Buy one. Borrow one. You need one.
4.) Last, but certainty not least, common sense. Most of us have it. Slow down and use it.

Now, let's have some fun!

ZIG:
Hope is the power that gives a person the confidence to step out and try.
Success is the maximum utilization of the ability you have.

N.M.:
It always seems impossible until it's done.

#5 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Mmhhmm! I usually don't do much yard saling, but this ladies husband just passed away and my sister and bro in law are buying her house. She gave us first pick before she even had the yard sale. We also got an old Sears craftsman compressor, Stihl chainsaw, and I got a Wen wet stone machine made in USA. The pump bellow was broken so I order a new bellow. It still won't pump water. I guess I'll order the pump kit next and resurrect this machine, or I can still use it by manual putting water on the stone :)

Edited by BryanS, 15 April 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

I have the same pliers.  They really come in handy for those single coil clamps usually found on Scotsman u/c I/m's.  I keep it next to my flaring tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics