Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid Dishwasher kuds24sewh2 wont run

kitchenaid dishwasher kuds24sewh2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fuggo

fuggo

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:This month: Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hello folks,  My kitchenaid kuds24sewh2 has decided to go on strike.  The other evening a load was started but in the morning when my wife went to empty it, it was full of water and it looked as though it never ran.  The detergent door had opened and detergent had oozed down the inside of the door.

I tried to do the hi temp, air, hi temp, air sequence to step through the cycles, but I'm not sure exactly how to step to the next sequence or to get it to try to drain.  Pressing start didn't seem to advance it.  If left alone, it moved through but never tried to pump or drain.

I bailed as much water as I could and tried to start it again and it fills to the heating element and then stops.

I'm not sure what to try now, but at the least, would hope to try to get the drain cycle to start.

The unit is at least 10 years old, so, I'd like your opinion if it's even worth throwing money into it, or is it time for something new.

If it's time to say goodbye, what would you recommend in the <$700 range.  I'd like to spend less than that, but would be willing to spend more if necessary.

Domo Arigato

Grasshoppah Fuggo

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

Split-phase, dual start winding motor for both CW and CCW rotation (wash and drain).  Wash impeller may be jammed.  Could disassembly the sump down to the wash impeller and see if it spins freely.  If it does, then your next step is to check for 120 V AC from P10 to P4 at the control board when the motor is supposed to run.  If you're not getting voltage there, the control board is bad.   

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

Before you go tearing down the complete top side just to find out if the motor is jammed or not, it's much easier to just remove the kickplate, then you should be able to reach in just above the motor and turn the plastic water slinger that is between the motor and floor of dishwasher.  If it turns easily by hand with no noise, time to look else where for your problem, (could still be a bad motor but these motors are quite robust and don't see many actually fail electrically).

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kitchenaid, dishwasher, kuds24sewh2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics