Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ge washer model wcvh6800j1ww control panel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CheHoff

CheHoff

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted Yesterday, 04:53 PM

Just replaced control panel for ge washer wcvh6800j1ww. Did not fix problem. Original problem was that after pressing power button and then the start button, the start button would flash and not start the cycle. It requires that the door be opened and closed repeatedly (pressing the start button after each closing) before the button will stop flashing and start a cycle. Do I have a door lock problem instead?

Edited by DurhamAppliance, Yesterday, 05:39 PM.
ADDED MODEL NUMBER TO TITLE

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted Yesterday, 07:19 PM

You need to find the manual and run a diagnostic test.  Find the manual and check the door switch by testing it at the control board.  Other wise you will just keep changing parts until you get the right one.  It could be a bad connection in one of the cables or a loose connection.  You need to do some testing.  It does sound like it may be related to the door switch.  You could buy it from app and if it's not the problem you could send it back.Part number: AP3884122

Part number: AP3884122

Better to find out for sure what the problem is but that's not always possible.  In that case you could order and if it's not the fix then return it.

Doc

#3 CheHoff

CheHoff

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Thanks for the fast reply. Ran the diagnostic test -- no errors identified. I took off the cover and discovered that one of the plugs for the switch was loose. Reseated the plug, threw in a load of laundry, and it is working! First time it has worked correctly in days... Thank you for your help.

#4 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Good job CheHoff and glad we could help.  That deserves a cold one! :pint1:

Doc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics