Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE side by side model Gss25kste clicking, no lights, not dispensing

GE refrigerator Gss25kste clicking not dispensing flashing 0 no lights

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Locust19

Locust19

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stella

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

GE Gss25kste side by side refrigerator had been flashing a 0 and clicking every few seconds for last couple of days. Ice and water not dispensing. Today flashing 0 is gone, no lights on touchpad and clicking occurs every 3 seconds. Ice is being made but water and ice not dispensing.

Thank you for any help

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 20 April 2014 - 05:24 PM.
added model number to topic title

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,863 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

What are the temps? compressor and fans running? Can you isolate the clicking noise? My guess is a bad mainboard but further info is needed

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 Locust19

Locust19

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stella

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

I am no longer able to see the temps. I can no longer get anything to light up on the panel. It was 0 and 37 the last time I was able to see it a couple of days ago. The fan and compressor seem to be functioning. The freezer and refrigerator seem to be at normals temps. The clicking appears to be at the adjust temperature panel on the front.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,863 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Check your door switch for for continuity... it could be intermittent causing lights on the interface not to light up and evap fan not to run at times. Also
check the molex connector at the door hinge. The interface connects to this connector which in turn connects to the board. It may be corroded inside.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 20 April 2014 - 07:59 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GE, refrigerator, Gss25kste, clicking, not dispensing, flashing 0, no lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics