Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung wf410anr will not balance in spin

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kt1975

kt1975

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:miller

Posted Yesterday, 05:07 PM

I have a Samsung front loader that will not spin out clothes. It begins spin cycle detects off balance and starts over. Will not balance. I have leveled it and replaced the shocks. Still same result.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted Yesterday, 07:25 PM

1st: does this apply to your machine?

http://appliantology...nt-load-washer/

2nt: This applies to your machine, even if it is a different brand.

http://appliantology...loading-washer/

3rd.  When your washer spins when empty of all cloths, does it sound like a jet engine wanting to take off?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above, you get to go shopping.  If all 3 answers were no, please let us know so we can be of more assistance.

If you answered No to all three, try putting 5 or 6 bath towels into the machine to see if you get different results.

Edited by micabay, Yesterday, 07:28 PM.

#3 kt1975

kt1975

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:32 PM

None of those. No noises just won't balance on spin. Begins spin starts coming up to speed. Starts wobbling slows down starts again. Every once in a while spins out good.

#4 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:43 PM

Try putting no less than five, large (aka normal sized) bath towels, and no more than seven, in a rinse and spin load.  Does it spin out with a towel only, no detergent load?  With new shocks, a level machine, and good (no broken) bearings, it should be balanced.  What kind of floor is your machine on?  Does the floor bounce at all? Unless it is solid concrete, you can try putting two legs directly over a floor joist.    

There are times when our customers try to wash too small of loads.  You must also separate your clothing into like of kind by weight, aka how heavy each article is when soaked in water.  You can't wash polar synthetics with denim jeans.

Edited by micabay, Yesterday, 07:46 PM.

#5 kt1975

kt1975

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:49 PM

Just ran spin empty. As washer was ramping up to speed it began wobbling. This is where it normally shuts off when loaded. It continued to spin and went through the entire spin cycle, but made substantial vibration the whole time
We have used this machine for over a year. No problem with loads. This problem has gotten progressible worse over the last 6 months.
I had 6 bath towels in a rinse n spin only for test after shock replacement today

#6 kt1975

kt1975

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:13 PM

Just ran rinse n spin again. Washer empty. Will not balance to spin

#7 kt1975

kt1975

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM

If I rotate drum by hand when powered off I hear what sounds like a ball rolling around.

#8 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:37 PM

Just ran rinse n spin again. Washer empty. Will not balance to spin

The cabinet of the washer wasn't rocking, right? If all 4 legs are soild on the ground, with the cabinet not moving, with an empty basket, with brand new shocks, no broken springs from above... This is slowly whittling it down to a broken spider arm or bad bearing.

#9 kt1975

kt1975

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Cab not rocking. All 4 legs firm on floor. Is on first floor over basement. Floor feels solid.
Shopping for washer. Any recommendation? All seem to have share of bad reviews.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics