Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag dryer model MGDE300VF0 works fine then stops...... then starts

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 keithnellie

keithnellie

Ikkō-ikki

• Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:french market dark roast

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Checked the 220 and it was 294 so I called the power company and they sent out a crew with a new transformer. Seems that with the underground transformers after a lighting strike instead of frying the transformer it does something inside where the voltage increases. They see it all the time. I will discuss filing a claim because i just replaced a well pump to the tune of $1800 that was only 4 years old along with the washer and dryer.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

So what is the end result?  Is your washer ok now or are you just getting a new one.  Seems yours might work ok when you get the new transformer.  What's the latest?  Glad you were able to figure it out.

Doc

#23 keithnellie

keithnellie

Ikkō-ikki

• Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

Don't know for sure yet. I am working 12 hour nights for a couple more days and with a 1.5 hour commute each way it doesn't leave much trouble shooting time. I don't know if any permanent damage is done but most electronics can take over voltages so if the motors still work I may be okay. I will post again when I have a day off.

#24 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

Ok thanks, waiting patiently for you reply.

Doc

#25 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

My humble opinion:

#26 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

My humble opinion:

<script type="text/javascript">(function() { var po = document.createElement("script"); po.type = "text/javascript"; po.async = true; po.src = "https://d15mj6e6qmt1...et/cdn/embed.js"; var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s); })();</script>

Yeah, kind of figured that but still holding out hope.  At anyrate be good to fix this voltage problem before proceeding to the dryer proble.  Wouldn't you concur?

Doc

#27 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Oui, papa.  Sumpin ain't raht w'dat vo-tage thang.  

#28 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

Oui, papa.  Sumpin ain't raht w'dat vo-tage thang.  

Thanks youngun, we old folks can use a little help now and again.  Even though I forgot problably as much as you know, it nice to have someone around to point us in the right direction now and again.  Thanks Bruta

#29 keithnellie

keithnellie

Ikkō-ikki

• Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

It appears the problem was solved by the new transformer. Both the washer and dryer have done multiple loads with no issues. It is amazing how well it all works when they have the correct voltage.

I will now know to check my voltages at first sign of trouble. I guess that is what they call "experience".

#30 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Good job, glad to hear everything is better.  Thanks for the follow up.  :thanks:

Doc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics