Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel DD605I Top drawer not finishing cycle.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tone Blair

Tone Blair

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Fisher Paykel DD605I Top drawer not finishing cycle.

First off, I dont know what the hell im doing.

Did some testing, not sure if I did it right or not, but I ended up replacing the heater plate and the controller for the top.

I ran it for a bit, but was trying to get the hell outta there before my cover was blown.

If the computer and heater doesnt solve it, could it be a bad main pcb??

Sorry for being an idiot!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Lol. I feel like I should have taken the Fisher Paykel dish drawer class at the convention for you :) Wish I could be more help, but I'd be more lost than you are on these things.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,034 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Tone, don't feel bad, man-- these are odd units until you get used to them.  But just keep in mind that the same procedure used for all appliances with a control board applies here:  talk to the control board.  With these FP's, you can put them in diagnostic mode and step through each unit operation to see what it is and isn't doing. You can also swap suspected components between the drawers, one at a time, and see what corrects the problem.  In the case of the heater, you can ohm it out to see if it's bad (open).  

#4 Tone Blair

Tone Blair

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Yea I feel if I new the procedures a little better I wouldn't be so in the dark.

This is an integrated unit, so there's no display and it seems real easy to get lost going through all those menus.

So, if you are running the top drawer, or vice versa, and you need to see the LEDs to see a fault code, do you pause the unit and open the drawer to see, or does the code show up on the opposite drawer?
Yea I feel if I new the procedures a little better I wouldn't be so in the dark.

This is an integrated unit, so there's no display and it seems real easy to get lost going through all those menus.

So, if you are running the top drawer, or vice versa, and you need to see the LEDs to see a fault code, do you pause the unit and open the drawer to see, or does the code show up on the opposite drawer?

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

The diagnostic test is done right at the cycle selector for the affected drawer, and it can be tricky.  Even before initiating I'll check for the most common symptoms like, standing water or evidence of a leak in the cabinet base and in the bottom motor cover.  Then rotor operation and draining, and finally heater and controller.  Also, I've seen leaks at the dispenser, but the customer will usually mention finding a puddle.  Water inlet valves fail rarely compared to other components.

You may have cured it by replacing the controller and heater plate, but if you get a callback, be sure to check for leaking from the upper drawer.  As long as the lower drawer operates with no faults, the mains filter board with the flood sensor should be ok.

#6 J5

J5

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

not finishing the cycle could mean anything

early 605's had issues with heater plates burning out

if it doesnt heat it will come up with an f4 fault and still have water inside

if it faults meaning red light on the front you then look inside at the cycle lights and see which ones

are on to determine the fault code

in diagnostics you can check the heater plate for heat , i get to the correct diagnostic and then operater the heater

while putting hand on the heater plate to check , beware it gets hot fast and dont leave it on too long or you can pop the

thermal fuse on the plate

an easy check then if you have no heat is to swap controller from top to bottom and try again , you can then confirm

controller or heater , save time and money 

i usually get 9/10 heater and 1/10 controller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics