Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

If I find burnt resistors on a samsung fridge does that mean I have another problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dfishinfool

Dfishinfool

Unsui

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chelada

Posted Today, 12:14 PM

Ok so I am working on a samsung fridge the pantry room damper connector and associated resistors melted down ,my question is how do I know the pantry room damper is good and not causing the meltdown heater ohms out at 140 ohms which is good acccording to samsung tech sheet but they don't give a resistance value for the motor it ohms out at 4.17 kilo ohms and I'm guessing yellow to yellow is the sensor at 8.9kilo ohms any help would be greatly appreciated

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted Today, 01:47 PM

I feel like I had one that did that something like this when I worked at Sears. They had me get the damper and motherboard. They said to replace the damper first and then the board. I wasn't the original tech so I didn't get to see the board if it melted or not. What happened on this one was some contractor was digging to seal his basement and dug into some wiring. I feel it were me I wouldn't take the risk of the damper taking out the new board and just do both. Maybe others have experienced this and have a way to test the damper.

#3 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dechutes brewing co. Red Chair

Posted Today, 01:51 PM

We need the model number!

#4 BryanS

BryanS

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted Today, 01:56 PM

We need the model number!

Yea, we need that too :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics