strudles

Trying to replace gearcase shaft seal Kenmore washer 11020922990

31 posts in this topic

I just looked at your video of the transmission and when you showed the bottom side of the spin gear I can see you have it on upside down.  The cam delay spring and spin cam.  You need to take off the spin gear and reverse them and put the gear back on the right way.  This will for sure solve your problem. 

Doc

http://k0lee.com/images/neutral-drain-kit01.pdf

Here is a link that shows it.

Edited by electro_doc

Doc! I am once again filled with hope, I did indeed have that part upside down which has been remedied. Now I just have to figure out how to clean the transmission oil from the edges of the transmission before sealing it back up. Any tips in that department? I was going to turn in early tonight, but now I just can't wait to see if this does the trick (Dear washing machine, pretty please with a cherry on top?). I'll let you know.

Thank you SO much!

Trudi

Clean it with a razor blade or a knife and use a rag with acetone or that stuff they sell for cleaning pvc pipe before you add the glue, any hardware store should have it.   This should fix your trans Trudi.  Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Doc

Edited by electro_doc

I just looked at your video of the transmission and when you showed the bottom side of the spin gear I can see you have it on upside down.  The cam delay spring and spin cam.  You need to take off the spin gear and reverse them and put the gear back on the right way.  This will for sure solve your problem.

Very good catch Electro_doc, I totally missed that part.  It went by way to fast on the video - couldn't see it until knowing to look and stop video at that point and step thru a frame or two at a time.

Hooray, it's fixed! Agitates, drains, SPINS :dazzler:  I definitely couldn't have done it without all your help, a big :thanks: to you all!

Happy,

Trudi

All right!  Give yourself a lot of credit, you were amazing.  Time for one of your favorits :pint1: to celebrate your success!  Good job and thanks for the up date!

Doc