Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore HE2t 110.47571601 Front Load Washer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 henrik.asfeldt

henrik.asfeldt

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

For the last couple of weeks this washer has been running most of the way through the cycle and then stopping and displaying one of these error codes: F01, F21, F27 or F33. I click stop and run a drain and spin without a 2nd rinse. Sometimes it does this, sometimes I just get another error code. When I unplug it for a while sometimes it runs fine, other times the same thing again.

The hose is not plugged. I cleaned the drain pump filter which wasn't bad. I checked the wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure switch, water inlet valve and CCU. All seem okay. 

I checked the continuity of the drain pump, inlet valve solenoids (hot and cold), pressure switch and motor. All were as published in what I could find online. Pins 4 and 5 on the motor was 113 ohms instead of 120 (close enough?).

I ran the diagnostic test twice; same result both times. Only F21 and F33 showed in the history even though I've had F01 and F27 as well. The first 3 parts of the diagnostic test ran as expected. For the next 3, the washer did as it was supposed to but the LED flashed instead of being on continuously like for the first 3 parts. I don't know if this is significant or not? For the last part of the diagnostic test the LED for Handwash lit up instead of Silk/Delicate as expected and instead of the drum rotating and ramping up to max. speed it didn't do anything.

This last part suggests to me that maybe the MCU is shot. On the other hand none of the error codes suggest that so maybe it's the CCU.

How can I narrow this down? Or is it something entirely different?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

F21 & F33 could both be caused by  failing pump, works OK intermittently then sometimes hangs up and doesn't start.

F21 = Long drain

F33 = Open pump electrical circuit, (if you disconnect the plug to the pump you will get this error or if the pump thermal overload - internal to pump windings - opens because motor gets to hot from being jammed or hung up you will get this error).

If the machine is over 5 years old the pump rotor shaft is most likely pretty worn out by this time and could be causing problems.

Since the F01 and F27 where not stored in the errors codes I would just replace the pump and see how it works out.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Part number: AP4308966

Part number: AP4308966

#4 henrik.asfeldt

henrik.asfeldt

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

F21 & F33 could both be caused by  failing pump, works OK intermittently then sometimes hangs up and doesn't start.

F21 = Long drain

F33 = Open pump electrical circuit, (if you disconnect the plug to the pump you will get this error or if the pump thermal overload - internal to pump windings - opens because motor gets to hot from being jammed or hung up you will get this error).

If the machine is over 5 years old the pump rotor shaft is most likely pretty worn out by this time and could be causing problems.

Since the F01 and F27 where not stored in the errors codes I would just replace the pump and see how it works out.

Thanks a million Willie! I replaced the pump as you suggested, ran the diagnostic test which was good and have run half a dozen loads through no problem so it looks like the pump was the problem alright.

#5 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

Good to know and thanks for the follow up!  :thanks:

Doc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics