Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore (Electrolux) Electric Range with Induction Cooktop 790.48003500 - Replacing the

Electrolux Kenmore Induction

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,394 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

Going out on this one this afternoon, error code 30 and induction cooktop inop.  It's a pretty sure thing that the noise filter is bad.  

The filter board, PN 5304454971, is sold alone at a cost of over $500

00699569.jpg

Or you can replace the all the electronics in a pre-assembled set, PN 318329601, for about the same price:

01227222.jpg

I've never taken one of these beasts apart before but in reviewing the service manual, it looks like an unholy nightmare.  Am I looking at it wrong?  Has anyone replaced any of the induction electronics in these Electrolux induction ranges before?

Domo!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

i have a job pending on one, but havent been back with parts yet.
worked on a KA induction top recently that used an assembly that looked very similar to the 2nd photo...was a pain but nothing you cant handle.
the kA was all from the top...top came off with just a couple screws around the outer edge after it came up out of the cutout ...then several more layers to get down to the power and filter boards...no need to tell you, be careful and deliberate while labeling wires for reconnection and wear yer anti static wristband. let us know how the electrofux goes...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Domo for the words of wisdom, Brother Kurtius!  Will update as the nightmare progresses.  :thanks:

#4 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

*shudder*   not fun

pay attention to screws, some have long and short, if you see more than one lenght,start marking holes L  and S

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

I'm having trouble with that model number.  But if it's the slide in Electrolux, I feel your pain.  I had to replace the electronic controls on the non induction range when they first came out.  And I had no manual to go by.  That big plastic bullnose really threw me for a loop.  Considering the teardown for your repair, might as well replace the whole assembly.  Cracking that thing open once should be enough.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

Domo, mah bruvahs.  I went out on this one and found that the filter board is bad.  I would replace the entire electronics set for the same price and quoted $920 for the repair (Blue Book price).  

She's going to replace the range.

Dodged the bullet on that one!

#7 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

I've done a few if those, PITA, but none COD..

They're just not worth fixing unless you get into replacing individual components in the board.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Had one call on one of these cooktops, tech before me ordered the wrong parts. I got laid off and he didn't.  He's one of those techs that goes around getting finished with his calls really fast because he orders parts and leaves and makes sure he doesn't go back on them.  I only order what I need, take my time on my calls so it's done correctly and I get laid off because I had too much overtime. NOT FAIR

Scott Wolf

#9 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

I would replace the entire electronics set for the same price

That would be the way to go not only for the price, but I have seen more than once a cascading effect where all the boards go bad at the same time, the filter along with the right and left power boards going as a group...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#10 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

I've done a few if those, PITA, but none COD..

They're just not worth fixing unless you get into replacing individual components in the board.

It seems everything Electrosux manufacturers these days self destructs in about 2-5 years.

Scott Wolf

#11 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

Had one call on one of these cooktops, tech before me ordered the wrong parts. I got laid off and he didn't.  He's one of those techs that goes around getting finished with his calls really fast because he orders parts and leaves and makes sure he doesn't go back on them.  I only order what I need, take my time on my calls so it's done correctly and I get laid off because I had too much overtime. NOT FAIR

"Metrics" -- It's all about the numbers, not the quality of work. Unfortunate that the cheaters know how to manipulate the numbers and look good on paper... but I digress...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics