Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire gallery-Model GLTF2940ES0 E5E Error code

GLTF2940ES0 frigidaire gallery washing m E5E error code

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mellos

mellos

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:IPAs and Wheats

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

I am receiving an E5E error code for a model GLTF2940ES0 washing machine. I have checked all connection on control board and motor control board and still receive the error. The machine starts to fill, stops, starts, but never really washes clothes. The drain pump is doing the same, running for a second and shutting off.

I had problems with items clogging the pump beforee and decided to check it out, it seemed like it was hard to spin. is this normal? Could the pump be an issue even if the machine displays the E5E error code?

I decided to watch the machine one more time before posting this and its doing something completely different, nothing engages and the error code displayed is E14 indicating a reed switch issue! 

Pleas help!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hello, mellos!  Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Check the magnet located in the front/right dispenser drawer cover.  That magnet is what keeps the reed switch happy, thinking the drawer is properly closed.  A loose magnet or damaged or loose dispenser cover may cause multiple symptoms.

#3 mellos

mellos

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:IPAs and Wheats

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

Im glad you couldn't, your tip was helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics