Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE washer model # WHDRR418G2WW

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

OK Folks, this washer wants me to get my rifle out and shoot it.  Model # WHDRR418G2WW.

I have replaced the main motor and inverter assembly for  a previous problem, the timer for a previous problem.  Now the customer told me she washed her dog's bed and the machine now does everything except agitate. It fills with water, sits there, no noise from the motor or anything at all,the timer advances to the drain and spin cycle, drains the water out and spins like it should. When you lift the lid to take the clothes out and then close the lid (even though the timer is in an "OFF" position, the mode shifter clunks and moves the wash basket a few times.  The motor status light indicates everything is fine with the drive system.

PLEASE don't tell me the machine now needs a mode shifter assembly, the customer doesn't want to spend any more money on this machine.  I really think I just have another bad timer because the motor doesn't do anything when the tub is full of water.

Edited by Scottthewolf, 29 April 2014 - 12:14 PM.

Scott Wolf

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

McFLy??? Anybody home?  Beuhler??

Scott Wolf

#3 jambatt

jambatt

Senpai

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Did the dog bed rip open and dump the hollifill? Had similar call once where customer did same thing. Took three trips and burned out a shop vac trying to get all the crap out from between the inner and outer tub. 

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out alive !

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Nope, drain pump is completely clear, the unit spins fine, it just won't agitate.

Scott Wolf

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

So, does anyone agree with me that it's a bad timer? I hope it's not a bad mode shifter assembly!

Edited by Scottthewolf, 29 April 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Scott Wolf

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Knock Knock, McFly??? Anybody home?

Scott Wolf

#7 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

i know somewhere there is a chart saying what voltages should be at what wires at the motor during different modes. i know its not on the tech sheet but i know i saw it somewhere,

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

I installed a new timer today, it didn't fix the problem, unit fills with water, does absolutely nothing during the agitate cycle, but timer still advances  to the drain and spin cycle, unit drains and spins.  Motor checks out good, no fault codes, so all I can think of is a bad mode shifter. Customer refused to sink any more money into this machine after I already replaced the motor and the timer a few years ago. I'm getting this piece of junk when she buys her new washer, so perhaps I can switch out a mode shifer from another scrap GE Hydrowave washer  I have laying around the shop from another customer who could not  see putting close to $400  in repairs.

I will never reccommend another GE product again.

Scott Wolf

#9 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

what about the water level switch?  Had one just like this last week!  Not sure about the timer advancing though it did fill and shut the water off,  it switched to agitate but the points inside the water level switch never told it to agitate.  1st one I've run accross.  Thinking maybe this could be your problem, it was a GE also.

Doc

Edited by electro_doc, 03 May 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#10 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

bad mode shifter would not cause it to not agitate, the only thing the mode shifter does is shift between the modes, when they are bad and dont shift it still agitates just moves the basket back and forth instead of the agitater, if the new timer didnt fix it and the wiring between timer and motor is good then i suspect a faulty motor/inverter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics