I have a Kenmore Dryer, Model # 82142101, that suddenly stopped turning on. When I turn the Start knob there is only a humming sound that lasts as long as the knob is turned. The dryer won't turn on at all.
Here is what I have done so far:
1. I have opened the top lid on the cabinet and was able to turn the drum with my hand
2. I have checked the belt it seems to be just fine (as it should be since I recently replaced it)
3. I have removed the belt from the pulley on the motor and tried starting the dryer to see if the motor would turn on and it does not change anything, therefore I believe that this removes any issues with the drum/belt binding with something
4. I removed the front panel of the dryer and cleaned out the lint and dirt that was there. I also turned the blower fan blades and they move although I'm not sure how freely they should spin.
5. I checked the thermal fuse, although I am not an electrician and I can't guarantee that I did it properly I believe I did (I did watch the video on repair clinic) and their appears to be continuity (used the audible feature on the meter and it was very audible)
6. Since there is a humming sound when I turn the start knob I believe that the start switch is NOT the culprit.
7. There is an audible click when I close the dryer door and since the start switch is working then I believe that the door switch is, again, NOT the culprit.
Therefore, am I safe to assume that it is related to either the blower or the motor? If not, what else could it be?
Either way, how should I proceed to check the possible culprits?