Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F11 Code Kenmore HE4t - permanent fix? ... or how to solder video?

F11 HE4t

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Roamer

Roamer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hi - I get the F11 error code on my Kenmore HE4t clothes washer. I've tried tightening the tines on the CCU connector end of the the CCU/MCU wiring harness per the video at: http://appliantology...ol-duet-washer/

The last time this worked for 4 complete washes, then we started getting the F11 code again. I just redid the tine tightening procedure and so far it has held for one complete wash.

I have two questions:

1) Is there a permanent solution other than soldering the CCU circuit board?

2) is there a video that you can point me to that shows this specific soldering procedure? I'm kind of reluctant to do this blind since I don't have a soldering iron, and if I do get one I don't really know how to use it. If I destroy the circuit board in the process, then even the temporary fix won't work.

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Welcome Roamer.  Please provide the complete model number for this unit.  The model/serial tag should be located inside the front opening.

#3 Roamer

Roamer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

110 45081 400

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

Usually when the CCU is faulty, replacement is recommended.  Your CCU, replacement Part number: 8182689

Part number: 8182689

, is on the verge of no longer being available if it isn't already.  If this proves to be the case with your part, my best advise is to bite the bullet and send your existing control to Fixyourboard or Corecentric for repair.  This procedure is much less expensive then purchasing a new control (if it were still available), and the repair will done correctly.

#5 Roamer

Roamer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Thanks PDuff - I thought about replacing the whole CCU till I saw the price. It's going to be a little less than a third of the cost of a whole new washer ($250 vs. $850 Cdn). I'm reluctant to do that when it's seems like it's just the contacts that are worn. The Corecentric repair cost is $110 USD + exchange, + shipping both ways, + any duties/taxes that I will have to pay at the border (and I'm not sure that they even ship to Canada). In the end probably not much cheaper than a new CCU.

Perhaps I could ask you one more question. If I decide to go with a whole new washer, is there a unit that you recommend in terms of likely needing fewer repairs down the road? We were thinking of the Maytag Bravos XL HE Top-load Washer. We've had lots of issues with our current front-load machine, so we want to stay away from that type in the future.

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

I've always been a Whirlpool guy, and I've always liked the Cabrio and Bravos design, and I've seen this design fine tuned over the years.  Sure, it's heavy on the electronics but what isn't nowadays.  With proper use and care (detergent usage and loading), and good water, I think you'll be pleased.

And don't forget, May is Maytag Month!  An authorized dealer will be running specials and you may be eligible for a $100 rebate on a top load washer/dryer pair.

Edited by PDuff, 01 May 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#7 Roamer

Roamer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

Thanks again, PDuff! I didn't know about Maytag month. I just checked and the sale price for the washer that I mentioned above (alone - don't have to get the dryer, which we don't need) is $250 off regular price at one of our local (Winnipeg, MB, Canada) dealers ($750 vs. $1,000), which is $100 less than Costco is selling it ($850). Hmmm...., the decision is getting much easier.

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

I dislike the Cabrio very much.  Electronics and wire harnesses are too fragile.

Scott Wolf

#9 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:17 AM

I'm pretty sure any of the new Cabrio's you purchase now that are not at least  3 or more years old are going to be the new VMW platform not the older rotor/stator motor system, (Fisher&Pykel style).

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 02 May 2014 - 06:18 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#10 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

Wow, I better catch up on my products updates.  We never stocked the Cabrio or Bravos top loaders, pretty much drew the line at the H2LOW WTW4900, which is VMW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics