Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Bravos POS Model # MVWB300WQ0 Washer or Big square trash can

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

OK, these Whirltag Cabrio/ Bravos/ Oasis washers or going to make me pull my hair out!

Customer says machine stops mid cycle, displays NO error codes.

Trip#1, Ran machine through an entire cycle, machine worked perfect, even put machine in diagnostic mode, couldn't get a single error code to come up.

Customer says she got three loads of laundry done, 4th one stopped mid cycle with the "dreaded F1 error code."

Checked the tech sheet and led me to order a new electronic control. 

Trip#2 Ordered and installed electronic control "W10258402", Now I get an "F51" error code. 

Pulled the wash basket, found a sock and a pair of underpants at bottom of outer tub by the sump cover.  Removed the clothes from the outer tub. Reinstalled wash basket and made sure the rotor at the bottom of the machine was good and tight and inspected all wiring going from the electronic control to the stator and RPS sensor. No wiring frayed or out of place.  Gave the customer the quote for a new RPS sensor and the lower wiring harness, customer said forget it, she's going to buy a new washer, perhaps a Speed Queen top load washer.

I will no longer recommend these SOB POS washers to anyone now. Starting to get fed up with all Whirlpool products of late. Definitely Whirlpool is no longer the comapny it used to be. And why the hell they being so selective on who does their frigging warranty work?

Edited by Scottthewolf, 01 May 2014 - 06:19 PM.

Scott Wolf

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Greenbush Starchicken Shotgun

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

When was the machine in question manufactured (year)?

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

2010 or something. Not really sure since Whirlpool also changed their serial number layout.  Again, DUMB.

Scott Wolf

#4 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

whirlpool hasnt changed the serial number format anytime latley, they just ran out of letters and went back to numbers, First letter C for clyde ohio, Y is 2009, 0 is 2010, 1 is 2011 and so forth

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Sh2sh2 is exactly correct on that above, last time before this cycle that Whirlpool used numbers was 1989.

Whirlpool recycles the sequence of numbers and letter codes every 30 years, (0-9 & A-Z omitting some letters that are easily confused - I,N,O,Q,V,Z).  After 2019 the next time numbers will be used again should be 2040.   I'm a little unsure about the use of "X", my list shows it used in 1990 and going to be used for 2020.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics