Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

What could go wrong?

wpgt9360 profile harmony washer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scubakevdm

scubakevdm

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pliny the Elder

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hi, and thanks for the resource!I recently picked up a washer (WPGT9360E0PL) and dryer from a friend for $100. The dryer works, but the washer did not. I used to be a twiget on a nuke sub, and somehow have managed to retain a resonable understanding of fixing things electronic, and after discovering the wonders of Apliantology.com, and freshly armed with the service manual I downloaded here determined that the reisitor opened and cooked the IC300 on the power board. I replaced both, and still got a black display, so I busted out the old multimeter and discovered that in addition to the resitor and power board, that the goezout of the heater control board was onlly 30vac (not 120). Anyway, I just ordered a new heater board.

My question is, What the hell could go wrong that would wreck that thing so bad? Our electric utility is municipal, and sucks, sucks, sucks. Power goes out ALOT. Is it possible to do this much damage if power fails when the drum is really cooking? Do these things suck? Should I fix it, sell it and buy a good old fashioned washer instead?

Edited by scubakevdm, 01 May 2014 - 07:42 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

Any appliance that has electronic control boards in it can fail at any time for any reason, relays sticking closed, bad capacitors, bad triacs, bad resistors.  And yes, power surges can wreak havoc on appliances with electronic controls.

Scott Wolf

#3 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

After you get it fixed, hook it up directly to a serge protector!

Doc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics