Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool SxS Refrigerator wont shut off

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zachp89

zachp89

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

Alright so I have this side by side refrigerator that wont shut off -20 in freezer and 23 degrees in refrigerator section. Figured it was the temperature control part number 2198202 so replaced that. Didn't fix the problem. Soooo I decided to try to turn the unit off but when I turned to the off position the unit wouldn't even shut off. So my next step was deciding to pull the temperature control out of the refrigerator and not have the temperature control wires even plugged into anything, plugged refrigerator back in without a temperature control inside the unit and it STILL turned compressor evap motor and condenser motor on. This unit has an adaptive defrost control board in it. Was wondering if maybe this could be whats causing this thing to never shut off and get refrigerator to freezing temps and freezer to really low temps as well. Feedback appreciated, Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

Need make and model number.  Might be a stuck relay on the central control board.  Just a guess, need model number.

Doc

#3 zachp89

zachp89

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

Kenmore (Whirlpool) 106.57562792

#4 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

I would say you are on the right track with the control board.  I don't have the manual, maybe someone can come on and advise you on how to check it to be sure.  You could always order it and if it's not the problem, send it back.  Here's your part in case you need it. Part number: AP3109394

Part number: AP3109394

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 03 May 2014 - 02:47 AM.

#5 zachp89

zachp89

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

Thanks ill let you know if it works out.

#6 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Never mind I did not see that you had replaced the cold control. When you turn the control to off, does the refrigerator turn off? If it keeps running bad thermostat. I have seen this. Replace the thermostat.

Part number: ap3037004

Part number: ap3037004

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 04 May 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#7 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

grasshoppah stated the unit runs the compressor with the wires off the cold control, so its not the control

cant find the schematic for this kenmore, but the one thing i can think of that may still run the compressor with an open cold control is the adaptive defrost board

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics