Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

richseattle56

LEW0050PQ0 No Power Does Not Start And No Lights.

14 posts in this topic

LEW0050PQ0 Power button does not turn on the light for power, does not start. Power at terminal block.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

One of these piees of junk again, I see.

Where can I start to look? The service manual has nothing on troubleshooting.

Well I don't have a scimatic so if it was me I'd start looking for a thermal cut out or a fuse or a broken or shorted wire.  I"d check where power comes into the control and see if you have power there.  That's basic stuff, maybe you'll get lucky.  Beyound that you are going to need a manual with a wiring diagram.  I can't help you there.  Maybe post on the manual site for this model manual.

Doc

Looks like about the only things keeping power from the control is the door switch (microswitch) and the Power switch.  Is the button stuck on the Power switch?  There are safety thermostats at the heater and blower housing, resettable and automatic.  Before proceeding too far, make sure the blower motor isn't seized.

Rich, If you have input voltage to the board/control unit, put your meter probes across the motor and hit the start button. If no voltage I would consider the control board. You may be loosing your power there. Don't run away. You won't learn anything. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Rich,

We have seen at least two of these in the field, one had the power button failed, while the other, the door switch failed.  It's just a dryer.  If you can get in there to see where power is going (volt test), get in there to see where it will go (ohm test).   

The power switch, start switch, door switch, and broken wires are all problems I've seen multiple times on these.

Edited by vee8power

And you haven't lived until you've replaced or reinstalled a drive belt on the Merloni made dryer.  I've learned how to cuss fluently in Italian.

The thing is that parts on these "things" are ridiculously priced. $120 for the power switch, which I think may be the problem. $110 for the start switch, which is doubtful because the power LED does not light when the power button is pushed. The other possible cause the timer $230. Which is possible. The customer is a apartment complex and they have two of these with the same problem. These "things" are problematic they have problems frequently, the heating element goes out on these frequently, $160, that's for the element. I am going to suggest they get these Whirlpool dryers http://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-3-4-cu-ft-Electric-Dryer-in-White-LER3622PQ/203576380?keyword=LER3622PQ

Edited by richseattle56

<<<And you haven't lived until you've replaced or reinstalled a drive belt on the Merloni made dryer.  I've learned how to cuss fluently in Italian.>>>

Been there/done that---several times.

Definitely not one of my favorites

I still feel that the *idiosyncrasies* of the Jennair Ranges---are more irritating though.

Just had one today---should've been a simple in & out repair---but the Jennair range as usual---had other plans :)

Founded in 1975 as Merloni Elettrodomestici SpA