Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE WSLS 1100A1WW Won't Power On

GE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leslie Birch

Leslie Birch

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chai tea

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

Greetings,

My washer will not power on and it has not shown any issues previously.  I've checked circuit breaker, ceramic fuse and lid switch.  I also took a look at the PCB, but I don't see anything obviously fried or any wires disconnected.  So, here are my questions:

1) Is there anything else I should test?

2) If the PCB is the problem, is it better to replace or buy a new washer?  My space is very tight, so I would be forced to get a a stackable frontloading.  Front loading seems to break easily and be expensive to repair. It seems the bifold lid top loading washer I have is no longer sold, either.

Thanks for any help -- love the DIY mentality.  I'm not a mechanic, but I am Arduino micrcocontroller friendly.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Part number: WH12X10359

Part number: WH12X10359

Well, that is the most likely culprit.  A PCB doesn't necessarilly show signs of failure all the time, it could look great and still be bad.

OUCH on the price for a compact washer.

Edited by Scottthewolf, 03 May 2014 - 04:11 PM.

Scott Wolf

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:58 AM

Did you check for power going into the board?  If there is 120 volts getting to the board and it's not powering up then you have a bad board.

Here's a link to the service manual for this washer: http://applianceserv...LS/31-90441.PDF

Check with a meter from the Black connector number 5, (should be a Blue wire going to it), to Yellow connector number 4-Pin 1, (should have a Brown wire going to it).  If your fuse is really OK and  the wiring is OK then you should see 110-120 volts displayed on the meter.  If it doesn't show the correct line voltage you need to check the wiring from the plug thru the fuse and up to the board.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 Leslie Birch

Leslie Birch

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

Scottthewolf, yes, ouch, but my husband would also argue the law of averages -- I'm about to repair a washing machine that is already 10 years old.  Normally that isn't wise, but given the costs on fixing newer front loaders, it may actually work out :wink:

Budget Appliance Repair, I'm going to give your test a try -- thanks for the details.  Also, I found the tech manual the other day and then lost the link, so I really appreciate you putting the link for it.  I'll let you know what I find out.  Going to try it out now...

#5 Leslie Birch

Leslie Birch

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

Hi, Budget Appliance Repair, just wanted to let you know that it is indeed getting the correct power. Also, we plugged the motherboard back in and noticed that the transformer is quite hot.  So, we are going to order a new motherboard today.  Can't wait to try it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics