Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bad Electronic Range Control? (Kenmore 362.75701000)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 feralhamster

feralhamster

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:53 AM

Several weeks ago we had the ERC on our oven fail.  I replaced it with a new one from repairclinic.com.  That appeared to solve the incessant beeping and flashing F1.

Then we noticed the oven would preheat just fine but would not hold temperature.  The ignitor would come on for about 15 seconds and then shut off before the gas solenoid would fire.  This process would repeat every minute or so as the oven temperature continued to plummet.  Increasing set point temperature actually causes oven to reach new temperature only to fall back into same cycle.

Repairman replaced temperature sensor even though it checked out okay.  Same problem.

Repairman out again.  Checked ignitor (okay) and suggested bad ERC.

Replaced ERC.  Same problem.

Repairman now says just give it up.  I can't - the oven isn't even five years old...

Is there something that needs to be done to calibrate the ERC when it is installed to make it function correctly?  The part came with no instructions.

Is it possible there is a bad batch of ERCs floating around out there?  It seems so unlikely and yet I'm at a loss.

I've read all about the whole ignitor business and considered maybe it was bad.  The thing that I don't get is why does the ERC only leave it on for about 15 seconds at a time (I can hear the relay in the ERC click on and off)?  Why does it preheat just fine?  Why did it just become a problem after we replaced the original one?

Any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:30 PM

There is a flash on this model that addresses your exact problem.   The problem is in the control board.   If your original board part # was wb27k10048 you were to replace it with wb27k10141.  If your original board part # was wb27k10049,  you were to replace it with wb27k10142.  I don't know where you got the board but make sure it was the right one or your going to have the same problem.  Hope this helps you ....Ron

#3 feralhamster

feralhamster

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

Ron,

Thanks a bunch for the information.  Unfortunately I don't have the original part number.  The Sears website gives me a part number of WB11K10012 for my model number.  Do you know anything about this part number?  Do you know if it will work?  I didn't order the part from Sears because it was twice as much and thinking parts is parts.  Evidently they are not.

Thanks again,

Mike

#4 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:32 PM

Mike,   I would call Sears and tell them you know there was a service flash on this model regarding your problem.  The part you listed is the control board but I don't know if its  been revised.  Tell them you need the revised board that will correct this problem and compare it with the part numbers I gave you.   Who knows,  maybe they'll come out and repair it for free....Good luck...Ron 

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:16 AM

Mike, what is the Repairclinic part number of the ERC you replaced your old one with?  I pull up RC part number 244772.  Check to see if that's the one you bought.  Repairclinc is excellent about keeping up with part number subs and I've always found their database to be right up to date, so I'd be surprised if they sold you the wrong clock.  And, if they did, they'll refund your money. 

#6 feralhamster

feralhamster

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:57 AM

That is the part number I purchased from RepairClinic.com.  They were really good about sending out a replacement.  In fact they sent one 2nd day without waiting for the return and without charging me.  Unfortunately neither one worked.

Thanks.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:24 AM

[user=58]Ron[/user] wrote:

If your original board part # was wb27k10048 you were to replace it with wb27k10141.  If your original board part # was wb27k10049,  you were to replace it with wb27k10142. 

Mike, call RepairClinic (800-269-2609) and ask them about this.  I ran both those part numbers through the p/n lookup form below and came with two different Repairclinc numbers: 1086147 and 1086148.

#8 feralhamster

feralhamster

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

I called repair clinic and they told me 244772 is the correct part for my model number.  Sears tells me the part number is WB11K10012 which maps onto 244772 at repair clinic.  Actually all four part numbers Ron mentioned show up at repair clinic (four different RC numbers).  I'm sure 244772 is not the right part and that the correct part is out there, the question is which one is the correct part?  Sears couldn't tell me the original part number - their system only shows the substitute.

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:19 AM

Let's back up a sec.  You started out by saying that the original problem, the F1 fault code, was solved by replacing the ERC.  The symptoms have evolved into a short-cycling igniter.  It's possible that this is a separate problem altogether and not related to (but was masked by) the original F1 problem; eg., flakey igniter or thermal cutoff. 

Bottom line:  I seriously doubt that the ERC is the problem at this point and, if Repairclinic tells you that you've got the right ERC, then that's the fact.  Time to look elsewhere for demons to destroy.

The wiring diagram would reveal what else needs to be checked.  This will be on your range somewhere, the pan drawer is a common hiding place.  Get it, post it here and I'll tell you some other things to check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics