Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung RS265TDRS refer

Error codes who to believe

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Doing a Samsung SxS ( Do not see too many of these beasts )........Complaint is  "Fresh food side warm, freezer side frozen food, O.K" .............Got there, ran diagnostic  ( per Samsung " The Diagnostic Mode is the most valuable troubleshooting tool you have"...)....Enter Diagnostics,  Code 22 E is indicated.         Check my Fast Track Trouble shooting Guide........Code 22 E is  " Freezer Defrost Heater Error "......But checking the heater,  the fan motor, in Ohms and volts, they be O.K.   But, the fresh food fan motor  has no D.C volts and the sensor has the correct volts for the temps....2.5 volts =42 degrees F by the chart ................ Is the Fast Track Troubleshooting  incorrect or am I over thinking this " Glorious piece of So. Korean engineering" .....Ordering the main board and the fresh food fan motor ( and a sensor  for truck stock ).................................P.S. checked the web for this problem,  gotta love it....Same complaint , but no one posted their repair success ( or failure) after posting the complaint................    .

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,917 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

No need to order the main board CTG51. They don't fail. Sound like you problem is the evap fan not running. Could be just iced up. If the board doesn't receive a feedback signal from the fan spinning the board cuts off the voltage.

If I were you, I would order the entire evap cover assy. This comes with the new cover and the fan. Your icing problem could be the evap cover so by replacing both you should have it all fixed up.
Oh and change the defrost thermistor while your in there.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

No Icing up problem..................Unit has Code 22 E -----Freezer Defrost Heater Error--............Tried to down load the Samsung manual " Refrigerator Line-Up"   (All 154 pages) ..to glean more info on the system..( No publication number for this manual )..............I was looking for info like.......A)    Will the compressor start when either side calls for cooling?????................B) both fans running or just the one that called for cooling???......In the list of fault codes, there is not one for 'Fresh Food Fan' failure.........C) Does a Failed freezer heater stop the fresh food fan?????.......In the FastTrack guide, In diagnostic, First Test is for measuring  " Compressor Run, Measure Fan and compressor voltage"..........In this test, '9' volts D.C. to freezer fan and '0' volts D.C. at fresh food fan.....All components connected............The board is not in stock at my parts places,...... Is the evaporator panel allowing warm air leaks?????.....Was going to order the 'Sensor' / thermistor and fan only any way............I should have spent more time on this unit but there was a snafu on the date.....I was there Friday, she thought I was to be there Monday.............

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,869 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

A failed freezer defrost heater should not stop the fresh food fan. Your fan will start when the ff calls for cooling. The fans will start up when door switch pressed in 10 seconds to a minute. Samsungs , unike GE's, will disable a fan circuit if the fan motor is too fast, too slow or not turning at all in order to protect the board (take notes GE!). I believe it is disabled for 10 minutes before it tests the fan again. If I recall, unplugging the fridge will reenable that fan circuit.

The fresh food thermistor plays a role in the board's algorithm in determining compressor speed.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 11 May 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:43 PM

Looks like I totally read that post wrong. Sorry CTG. It's that damn fancy font you use! Lol

#6 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,869 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

It is odd there is no ff evap fan error code in the error code chart. Also My spidey senses tell me you have to check fan voltages within a few seconds of plugging the fridge back in if you can't do diagnostics . some long lost memory is tingling in my head about this but I need to verify if it applies to your model.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 11 May 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#7 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

In  my web search, I found for this model with this fault code, one site  had listed 22-E as a 'fresh food  evap. fan failure'...........Wish I had written the site address down, cannot find it again,  So that is why I was thinking the 22-E is incorrect/typo error for this model...........I am using the Samsnug Pub. # tsRS265TD  REV. Date  9/21/2010  for   this repair...............  Cannot find if there is a newer REV. out there......Seeing how the Main board is "Not in Stock " at my parts house,  I will get the F.F fan motor and thermister, Inform the customer of the board and  install them critters......So if the board cuts the power to the motors if a fault is detected, then with a new motor   it should be back in bizzness.........I was caught in the "Component takes out main board syndrome"........................G.E.  anyone??????.......................P.S. unplugging the unit  for 10 minutes, then plugging back in, the F.F evap. motor did not start...........All the tests were in diagnostic mode...      .

#8 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

applianceman97, Do you happen to have the "Evaporator Panel Assy  part number???? Could not find the complete assy ...........It is listed as N.L.A.......P/N ADJ72909802.......................OR purchase P/N's   MCZ262712102 ( duct) and ADJ73592104 (duct) ......New improved sealing gasket with the new panel????...........

#9 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Here is what I found bud. They list a few though so I would look carefully at screw hole placements. I found it on samsung parts .com

http://www.samsungpa...egory=RS265TDRS

Here's a pic of it.

Part number: ap5328951

Part number: ap5328951

The parts numbers you listed came up as LG numbers.

#10 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,869 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

There is a newer fast track located in the zip file... There are two for this model in this bundle Rev1 and Rev 3 dated 12/30/11
http://appliantology...-bundle-5-of-5/

Btw you can check the fan motor directly with a 9 volt battery... Just did it today on a rs263td model and probably the same for this model... Red and white wires to positive and black wire to negative.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 18 May 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#11 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

Shit, no wonder these things ain't working . :wallbash:............................ ...I have a Sears labeled L.G. with it's panel parts needed and this Samsung....The work orders are side by side on my desk.........L.G panel part numbers are not to be here, it is suppost to be over thar  on a different post......................Did you blow coffee out your nose when you read the part numbers?????....You say to your self   " Shit, no wonder his appliances ain't working "......................On this Samsung....Return visit,  .....Freezer at 0 deg.  F.F. at 45 deg..............Unplugged the refer,  plugged unit back in..The compressor started at five minutes...tested for voltage at board...( Org/Gry) motor connected...............The  board put out 9 volts D.C.... No fan movement, pulled the panel.......Piece of Ice at the motor 'Turbo-fan'  :woot: .....Removed the ice, unit operating and cooling.........You called it correct for "Ice in the fan "..........I shall order the panel on Monday...............

#12 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

Like I said though bud. Double check may research before you order. I think I found you the right one though.

#13 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

Btw you can check the fan motor directly with a 9 volt battery... Just did it today on a rs263td model and probably the same for this model... Red and white wires to positive and black wire to negative.

Coolest thing I've read this morning.  Any chance you can post a video to the blog or the dojo? 

#14 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,403 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

Here's a video showing how to do it with GE fan motors.  The principle is the same for all these BLDC motors: DC supply and PWM speed signal lines to + and DC common to -.  The wires colors will vary among them manufacturers but their function does not because all BLDC motors work the same way.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics