Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE dishwasher not draining, NO CLOG

ge dishwasher drain

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Necrosado

Necrosado

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

My dishwasher model: General Electric GHSD307P00SB (canadian model)

Hi there, here's my story...

My dishwasher started to clean less and less... so i decided to open it with srewdrivers and clean it manually.

This was DISGUSTING! I could never have think i was eating with dished that was washed in that much crap...

When i put it back in place, guess what, not draining anymore at all.

I think i unplugged it at least 5 times, verified for clogs in the hoses, nothing there.

This is a model whith a single pump. To drain, there's a kind of "piston" which switch a lid so the water get "in" the dishwasher, or "out to the drain". The last time i opened it, i notices that the lid isn't totally closing the path going inside the tub. I tried putting some mastic, but i think it's not totally hermetic, this still doesn't work.

I can't figure how i had a working dishwasher (which didn't totally washer very well...) and then a not draining one, without changing anything!

The only thing i'm not sure is about a small white plastic ball that seemed to come from the drain hose, or the one returning to the inside tub (the two are connected to a kind of Y jonction).

Any hint?

Sorry for my english, you might have noticed it's not my primary language.

Thanks for anyone giving clues!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

I'm having some trouble with the model number to get a better look, but it sounds like the basic GE design.  Make sure the drain/gate solenoid (piston) is drawing the cam arm down enough to open the gate.  Also check where the drain hose connects to the disposer or sink.  The drain hose may be clear of restriction, but the port it connects to may be blocked.

Given the amount of gookus that you found in the unit, there may exist a detergent usage issue that may have resulted in oversudsing.  This can cause poor washability and can inhibit proper draining.

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

You might have to replace that piston and nut assembly, it's a weak spot on GE dishwashers.

Scott Wolf

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Drain piston Part number: WD24X10018

Part number: WD24X10018

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics