Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore dishwasher 587.15253402

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Johney

Johney

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

there was water leaking on floor

Prob #1 there was rubber molding glued on to kick plate spent 10 min explaining to customer that i don't install cabinets and if they want they can remove molding customer  finally figured out and removed molding

took off kick plate noticed no water under washer so ran cycle and saw water coming out of door on bottom left side took of panel and noticed that water will splash from bottom of door onto floor was something that i never came across (started out about year ago with training and a few months ago by myself)

Prob #2 Could not get a hold of the 2 techs that trained me or the other tech that i met 

customer was looking at me like whats up so told customer that saw all of components and not sure what prob is if wants can send me off or will get back to her so customer said no will use you just get back to me

of course when got to truck my tech called me back told him the issue and he told me: prob water valve just let tube fill after starts to wash hit cancel twice then start over and time fill if more then couple of sec them bad valve so went back to customer told them have this one test to see did test and 2nd fill was 60s so said bad valve gave quote

Prob #3 cust said what if it doesn't work? so said no prob will only charge if fix but give deposit so customer said i only pay if you fix so i said ok so give me service charge so customer said well i don't trust your diagnose

So after that i decided want an easy way out of this customer so said you know what have a nice day and just left!  

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

<<<So after that i decided want an easy way out of this customer so said you know what have a nice day and just left! >>>

Not a good strategy.

Be honest with your customers.

If you're a rookie---tell your customers---most will understand that you are doing your best (and likely nervous)

All of us were rookies once (including the customer---at whatever career that they have). 

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#3 Johney

Johney

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

<<<So after that i decided want an easy way out of this customer so said you know what have a nice day and just left! >>>

Not a good strategy.

Be honest with your customers.

If you're a rookie---tell your customers---most will understand that you are doing your best (and likely nervous)

All of us were rookies once (including the customer---at whatever career that they have). 

thanks for the constructive criticism but just want to clarify .. 

did not mean that i "escaped" i just felt that even when i fix the dishwasher will find reason not to pay so instead of doing more work for free just said ok if you want we can call it quits now (left it up to her) and the customer said ok i will not pay you. 

Edited by Johney, 22 May 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

Part number: 154701001

Part number: 154701001

Something to keep in mind for future reference, part not listed on parts list...

Splash shields

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 23 May 2014 - 06:13 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#5 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

Did Friggy D/W...... ( Do not have the model number, Sorry applianceman97 )............Leaking water...........Installed a new lower door seal, got a recall, still leaking......Took a good, hard look and tipped it to the rear a bit..........In the mean time I did another Friggy D/W ( sorry again Mr.97 )....Upper spray arm fell off, while I was there I saw these little winged do-dads at the lower gasket corners...........Ran the model number and what to my surprise !.....No such item on the B.O.M......Searched the world, finally found the part number, ordered two of them......Got a call from the first D/W...Still dripping....Went out installed  the " Splash Shields ".........NO recall .............Funny how a part can  exists out there, just floating around...........

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for the tip on the Splash Shield kit, Brother Chat.  Have added that part number to the arsenal.

And Johney, welcome to Appliantology!  I think some of the most seasoned technicians have had the same scenario you've described.  But something to remember.  Knowing how to deal and interact with the customer is just as important as knowing how to diagnose and repair their appliance.  Why, even I myself, would run into something I wasn't sure about.  But after asking questions of the customer concerning symptoms of the problem, explaining to them how their particular appliance operates, and showing a little empathy, I was not only able to reschedule service to allow for some "research" (before computers), but collect the initial service charge, and receive a tip and a handshake on the way out, with the unit in no better shape than when I arrived.  Shortly afterward, knowledge gained, appliance repaired, and more important, customer satisfied.

On the other hand, we all get customers on a daily basis that simply don't want to pay for anything, even after a proper diagnosis and being previously advised when scheduled about payment expected.  These customers are flagged for any future service. 

But Johney, you've come to right place.  Encased within these cyber walls is a vast collection of knowledge and experience.  We've got your back.

And if you're just starting out, you may want to check out Samurai's Appliance Technician Boot Camp, to become truly a force to be reckoned with.

#7 Johney

Johney

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for the tip on the Splash Shield kit, Brother Chat.  Have added that part number to the arsenal.

And Johney, welcome to Appliantology!  I think some of the most seasoned technicians have had the same scenario you've described.  But something to remember.  Knowing how to deal and interact with the customer is just as important as knowing how to diagnose and repair their appliance.  Why, even I myself, would run into something I wasn't sure about.  But after asking questions of the customer concerning symptoms of the problem, explaining to them how their particular appliance operates, and showing a little empathy, I was not only able to reschedule service to allow for some "research" (before computers), but collect the initial service charge, and receive a tip and a handshake on the way out, with the unit in no better shape than when I arrived.  Shortly afterward, knowledge gained, appliance repaired, and more important, customer satisfied.

On the other hand, we all get customers on a daily basis that simply don't want to pay for anything, even after a proper diagnosis and being previously advised when scheduled about payment expected.  These customers are flagged for any future service. 

But Johney, you've come to right place.  Encased within these cyber walls is a vast collection of knowledge and experience.  We've got your back.

And if you're just starting out, you may want to check out Samurai's Appliance Technician Boot Camp, to become truly a force to be reckoned with.

thanks for the support and feed back ...

just easier to know that i'm not the only one and that i have a listening ear of people that understand me 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics