Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sick of Not Making Any Money

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

Another one of my pet peeves, We always seem to get the customers who call at 4PM, especially on Fridays, and yes we even get calls on brand new in warranty refrigerators and the customers demand we drop everything and come rushing out for a no cool refrigerator and when we get there it's their second refrigerator that's in the garage, or the customer has unplugged it because it wasn't working anyhow.

Scott Wolf

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

I also refuse to go into a customers home unless the actual homeowner is there too. I hate explaining to another person who doesn't even live at the house what's wrong or not wrong with the appliance and then he or she tries to explain it to the homeowner and they don't explain it correctly.  

I had a refrigerator still in warranty, shoved in a hole not big enough for the refrigerator in a dirty filthy house and the complaint was no water through the water dispenser and no ice, SO I killed myself trying to get the refrigerator they shoe horned in the hole out from the wall and sure enough the plastic water line going from the house water supply to the refrigerator was severely crimped, I even showed it to the lady who was there at the time. I told her the tubing is not part of the refrigerator  and therefore it is not covered under warranty. 

I also told her to tell them to go to the local hardware store and replace the flimsy plastic tubing with a braided stainless steel water line that won't crimp.  Instead, the go and replace the water filter and the lady who was there at the time calls back and tells me it's still not working. I tried to explain it to her again and she just doesn't understand and insists I come back.  THEN I get a call later in the day from the homeowner about how rude I was to the lady on the phone  and he tells me I should not be complaining about the poor install on the refrigerator and that I have a bad attitude and that they will call somebody else. 

Good ridens to customers like that, I really don't need them on stinking warranty calls that barely pay anything.

We refuse to reinstall copper tubing,  Which is why SS hoses are part of the truck stock.

#23 AQAppliances

AQAppliances

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

If you are a good technician I would either start my own company or go work for one of the big appliance companies.

#24 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

I start a new job on Monday with a company that has been in business since the 1950s.  I sense the beginning of a good job.

Scott Wolf

#25 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

Congrats Scott!!!

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics