Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
jlggps

Samsung Microwave SMH1713 Fan and Light keep running with door closed

2 posts in this topic

I have a Samsung Model SMH1713 Microwave that keeps the fan and light on when you close the door when not cooking.  We are unable to close the door when not using it.  I have checked all the switches for the door, the 2 TCO's behind the keypad (one is normally open and one is normally closed) and the fuse.  Microwave functions normally but when you close the door it acts like it is cooking.  I have verified that it is not cooking and it appears just the light and cooling fan are running.

Any ideas?  Magnetron replaced in Feb., 2014.

I have search the forum already to no avail.

Thanks!

John

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

keeps the fan and light on when you close the door when not cooking.  We are unable to close the door when not using it.  I have checked all the switches for the door,

Could be the Main relay (Lamp relay) is stuck shut...