Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
apache_indian

GE Profile Refrigerator (PSC23MGTD BB) - Compressor not running, display not working only lights on!

4 posts in this topic

Hello Appliance gurus,

This is my first time posting on this forum and hoping to get your expert advice.

My GE Profile Refrigerator PSC23MGTD BB is not cooling. Only lights turn on - fan/compressor etc. do not run. When I unplug and plug it back in, it makes a 1 second humming noise as if trying to come to life but nothing happens.

Looking at what other folks were saying here on similar issues, I think Motherboard could be an issue? I could see a burnt out type of thing on the mother board which makes me little more confident that Motherboard could be it.

By the way, I am a complete newbie and will really appreciate your help.

Thank you all!

Apache

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Definitely sounds like you need a new mother board... at least. Try unplugging the j2 connector at the board then fire it up. If the compressor runs, then you also have a bad evap or Condenser fan motor... at least.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will check it and post back results later.

Your muthaboard Part number: WR55X10942

Part number: WR55X10942