Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ekimura

Troubleshooting stand alone ice maker - GI15NDXTS0

14 posts in this topic

I've got an older ice maker that will not turn on - model number GI15NDXTS0.  I know the outlet has voltage   but I don't know what to check next.  Does this sound like a faulty control board?

Are there any troubleshooting guides for stand alone ice makers?  

Thanks for the help.  

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Gravity drain or drain pump?

this is a gravity drain - no pump

The next thing I would suspect is this part or its connection to the board.

Part number: AP3865361

Part number: AP3865361

Edited by vee8power

Normally, there is a red led lite on the control panel...it will flash if it detects a problem with the bin thermistor connection. Any action from that led when you turn the unit on?

I have zero action whatsoever on the control board. No lights or anything.

Check power going to transformer n its out put voltage.  .  or you can ohm out primary 3. to 4.5 ohm n secondary widings  ..  out put volage yellow to yellow blue  8.4 ac .  red/blk to gray 12.8 ac 

Cool ill check out the output voltage...but first I'm gonna have to rewire the wire assembly. Can anyone tell me which color wires go to which terminals on the compressor? Don't ask why I took it off in the first place. Thanks for the input

What a coincidence. I've just been tangling with one of these for the last three days. I won't go into expensive details and I'm not saying this is your problem but an intermittent faulty door/light switch will kill power to the display.

That control box is a bastard to take off and put back in. There are 4 blind stainless steel 1/4 inch nut screws holding it up. 

Edited by SANTA

white wire to relay n red to over load 

Found out that transformer was bad - was burnt to a crisp and actually melted the plastic casing where the control board sits. Ive changed out that part but still no lights or anything. Only getting a soft hum coming from the transformer. Voltage going in is120 and output voltage is 13 from double red to gray wire. No voltage coming out from the yellows ...

Another bad transformer?

yellows power up light n cutting grid. you can leave it off till testing is complete 

Retested transformer and its good.... power flowing in and out

next thing to try is disconnecting smart valve (water valve )out of circuit. try powering it back up