Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Jonwb

Bosch Dishwasher SHU43C06UC / 14 not evacuating water properly

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

This is driving my wife crazy!  Our Bosch dishwasher (model SHU43C06UC / 14) leaves about 2" of standing water in the pump reservoir after each use.  We have to squeegee out the dirty water before the next cycle.  If we don't the dishware and utensils smell bad.  

I've checked the evacuation hose all the way up to the air gap and through to the disposal. It's clear.  Inside the unit, I've checked the impeller and rubber check valve for debris.. very clean.

Unit is about 13 years old.  New pump maybe?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Added model number to topic title.

When was the last time you scrubbed or replaced the micro basket?  Part number: 00615079

Part number: 00615079

Make sure that there's a high loop installed n the drain line. That's not much water so it could be flowing back after it drains, that little check flap won't stop the water if there's no high loop.

Check for a clog in the" water inlet system" on the outside, left side of the tank.( Blue chamber).  Sometimes something gets in and prevent proper draining. If you push "cancel drain " does it drain completely ? If it does and you open the door immediately after the pump stops do you see water back flowing / filling into sump area ? 

Edited by stewartservice

Sorry...  I don't know why but I couldn't reply on this page to you earlier.  Now I can... ???  Thanks!

Same issue but now about 3 inches of water.  It's gotten worse. Replaced the micro basket.. no change.  Also replaced the upper and lower spray arms because they looked dated.

There was no obstruction in the left-side water inlet system.  It all looked good. The impeller and rubber check valve inside the unit are still clear too.  Unfortunately it doesn't drain completely when the "cancel drain" function is used, and the water that's left is very still.. nothing rushing back in.  

When it evacuates, the water coming from the dishwasher to the air gap, and then through the disposal seems fairly powerful.  Any other suggestions?

BSH has identified a potential problem associated with the dishwasher control module. In rare instances the control can fail in such a way that could cause a potential fire hazard to consumers.

Serial number range for your model: FD8205 – FD8507

More information at:

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/recalls/2009/bosch-and-siemens-model-dishwashers-recalled-by-bsh-home-appliances-corporation-due-to-fire-hazard/

?weird..I am not sure how it can both drain forcefully but also have water left in the sump unless the drain time is to short. When you say 2 to 3 inches, is that from the sump bottom or above the screen?

Delete your air gap. They are nothing but trouble.

library

Chat_FL... thanks for the link.  We had a Bosch serviceman come out two years ago to correct that.

JJ... it's at the bottom of the sump.  Keep in mind the picture I uploaded shows the water after I rinsed and drained the unit.  It's usually very dirty. The drain line is fairly long. It does however have to travel to a height of 37" to connect with the air gap. 

danoam... I've thought about doing that.  I'm in CA in a 1978 home, fairly updated.  I think this state requires the air gap, but in my mind it doesn't do anything since we never seal off our disposer.  Would I require a different type hose to connect directly to the disposal? (see picture)

Thanks for replying

Well, I temporarily bypassed the air gap and diverted the drain directly to the disposer...no change.  It still will not evacuate all the water from the sump.

I plan on laying the unit on its side and removing the drain pump and dismantling it (as much as I can).  Hoping to find an obstruction in the line somewhere...