Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher SHU43C06UC / 14 not evacuating water properly

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jonwb

Jonwb

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hi,

This is driving my wife crazy!  Our Bosch dishwasher (model SHU43C06UC / 14) leaves about 2" of standing water in the pump reservoir after each use.  We have to squeegee out the dirty water before the next cycle.  If we don't the dishware and utensils smell bad.  

I've checked the evacuation hose all the way up to the air gap and through to the disposal. It's clear.  Inside the unit, I've checked the impeller and rubber check valve for debris.. very clean.

Unit is about 13 years old.  New pump maybe?

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,087 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

Added model number to topic title.
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

When was the last time you scrubbed or replaced the micro basket?  Part number: 00615079

Part number: 00615079

#4 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

Make sure that there's a high loop installed n the drain line. That's not much water so it could be flowing back after it drains, that little check flap won't stop the water if there's no high loop.

"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

"Occam's RAZOR 'the simplest answer is most often correct'"

#5 stewartservice

stewartservice

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuengling

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Check for a clog in the" water inlet system" on the outside, left side of the tank.( Blue chamber).  Sometimes something gets in and prevent proper draining. If you push "cancel drain " does it drain completely ? If it does and you open the door immediately after the pump stops do you see water back flowing / filling into sump area ? 

Edited by stewartservice, 09 June 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#6 Jonwb

Jonwb

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

Sorry...  I don't know why but I couldn't reply on this page to you earlier.  Now I can... ???  Thanks!

Same issue but now about 3 inches of water.  It's gotten worse. Replaced the micro basket.. no change.  Also replaced the upper and lower spray arms because they looked dated.

There was no obstruction in the left-side water inlet system.  It all looked good. The impeller and rubber check valve inside the unit are still clear too.  Unfortunately it doesn't drain completely when the "cancel drain" function is used, and the water that's left is very still.. nothing rushing back in.  

When it evacuates, the water coming from the dishwasher to the air gap, and then through the disposal seems fairly powerful.  Any other suggestions?

#7 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

BSH has identified a potential problem associated with the dishwasher control module. In rare instances the control can fail in such a way that could cause a potential fire hazard to consumers.

Serial number range for your model: FD8205 – FD8507

More information at:

http://www.cpsc.gov/...to-fire-hazard/

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#8 JJ Surfer

JJ Surfer

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada pale ale

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:54 AM

?weird..I am not sure how it can both drain forcefully but also have water left in the sump unless the drain time is to short. When you say 2 to 3 inches, is that from the sump bottom or above the screen?

#9 danoam

danoam

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Delete your air gap. They are nothing but trouble.

#10 Jonwb

Jonwb

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

library

Chat_FL... thanks for the link.  We had a Bosch serviceman come out two years ago to correct that.

JJ... it's at the bottom of the sump.  Keep in mind the picture I uploaded shows the water after I rinsed and drained the unit.  It's usually very dirty. The drain line is fairly long. It does however have to travel to a height of 37" to connect with the air gap. 

danoam... I've thought about doing that.  I'm in CA in a 1978 home, fairly updated.  I think this state requires the air gap, but in my mind it doesn't do anything since we never seal off our disposer.  Would I require a different type hose to connect directly to the disposal? (see picture)

Thanks for replying

#11 Jonwb

Jonwb

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

Well, I temporarily bypassed the air gap and diverted the drain directly to the disposer...no change.  It still will not evacuate all the water from the sump.

I plan on laying the unit on its side and removing the drain pump and dismantling it (as much as I can).  Hoping to find an obstruction in the line somewhere...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics