Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Speed Queen/ Alliance model SWT110WM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KurbyMstr

KurbyMstr

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cherry Coke

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

I have a speed queen, model swt110wm, it also says Alliance on the tag.  It's making a super loud noise in the spin cycle.  I haven't worked much on this type of unit, or the similar maytag units.  I'm suspecting it's the bearings but I don't know how many there are, what special tools I will need, and anything else that might help me.  I took a video, but when I tried it at home there's no sound so it wasn't worth posting.  Thanks for the help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

where is the sound coming from??? top of the spin basket???? lower tub???    brake pads????..........there is a lower bearing, but the main seal would have to be leaking for water to get to the lower bearing...........Did you pull the panel and get yer eyes in there???...no special tools required.........Pin point the area of the noise is the place to start.........

#3 KurbyMstr

KurbyMstr

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

I had the front cover off.  The noise was below the spin basket,  I didn't see any rust, standing water or signs of water above the lower bearing.  I didn't want to assume anything and wasn't sure if it's common for the upper and lower bearing to go out.

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

One bearing P/N 27182, tucked up under the tub and P/N 28944RP, a top the lower " Milk stool"............... do not think I missed any others :wacko: ...............Repairable, If your going there, replace both........Noise like a dry bearing???........Noise from the pump????............                        P.S.     Will need P/N 646p3 Seal / hub kit....( or  R9900552 )..................

#5 KurbyMstr

KurbyMstr

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

Thanks, I listened to the pump and it  sounded more like a dry bearing.  It wasn't a squealing or scraping, just really loud.  I thank you for your time and information.

#6 the wizard

the wizard

Unsui

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:IPA

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

spray a little wd 40 on the bearing cover  and see if you can change its tune so to speak.  A rumbling rolling sounds normally is a bearing.   chattering check clutch- pulley.   Replacing bearing requires seal and bearings.  Newer seals have special sealer will depend on age . Do not use anything else and must let dry. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics